** JUNE JULY AUG 2021 BREAST CANCER RADIOTHERAPY **

Hi all,  

We've created a new thread for radiotherapy discussions, as the existing threads were getting a little long. 

• If you're looking for earlier discussions, you can find the Feb/Mar thread here and the Apr/May thread here.
  • You can find useful radiotherapy tips shared by members in an older thread here.

Please do let us know if you have any other threads you think would be useful to link here.

• Hi all

I’ve finished my first week of radiotherapy and now have three days rest from it as it’s a Bank Holiday here in Ireland. I haven’t had any side effects from it yet, long may that continue.

Hope all of you who had Radiotherapy this week are doing ok.

Best wishes and have a lovely weekend.

Daisy xx

• Hi  just popped on here to see if anyone is posting. Not due to start radiotherapy till next week on 16th. Only having new protocol of 1 week and was wondering if anyone else was having this?

Wishing you all peace and calm in the storm...with a helping of laughter and joy to bring healing Heart

• Hi all 

Best of luck to those of you who are having Radiotherapy this week. I’m due to start my second week of radiotherapy tomorrow.

Daisy53

• Best of luck with your radiotherapy next week Denise. It’s definitely easier than chemo and not as long.

Daisy53

• Thanks Daisy, nothing could be harder than chemo! Good luck with week2. Hopefully no side effects.
    At my radiotherapy planning they said absolutely no creams at all as they wouldn’t stop any reaction and might make it worse so I feel kinda confused that most people are using aveeno? I was also told up to 4 weeks after RT for skin reactions and healed by 6 weeks when I would be given a follow up appointment. Lifetime of high factor sun cream over the treated area. It would be great if we were all told the same thing Shrug tone1

Denise x

Wishing you all peace and calm in the storm...with a helping of laughter and joy to bring healing Heart

• Hi Denise

I was told by my radiotherapy nurse last week when I saw her after my first treatment not to use any creams over the area that is being treated. 

Daisy x

• Hello Dclem4,

I am due to start my radiotherapy on 17th. I am also just having 5 days. I have been on Letrozole for over 4 months as my operation was delayed with the Covid. I would like to know if anyone else is having the radiotherapy after already having started on Letrozole.

• So we start the same week Slight smile so it’ll be over before we know it.
    I’m just having bisphosphonate infusions after my radiotherapy for 3 years so can’t help with the letrozole but someone else will. 
    Denise x

• It's nice to know some one else is having it at the same time. Do you already have trouble with your bones? I have osteoporosis and am worried because my information booklet said your rib could fracture with the radiotherapy. 

• I am having radiotherapy over five days and am taking letrozole as well.  I was told to moisturise and drink lots of water which I am   Day two and I am feeling very tired   Is it stress ??