**APRIL & MAY 2021 BREAST CANCER CHEMO**

Hello everyone, 

I'm Steph from the Community team, I hope you don't mind me posting here.

We've been asked to create a new thread for chemo discussions this April, as the existing threads were getting a little long. 

• If you're looking for earlier discussions, you can find them in the Feb/Mar thread here.

• You can find the chemo aids shopping list thread, created by members of the Community here.

Please do let us know if you have any other threads you think would be useful to link here.

• Hi Ladies, I’m just checking in. Day 5 today for me, I’m just tired, fatigue and worst sore legs yet. Other than that I’m managing SEs. I hope the weather improves, I’d prefer the sunshine right now. 
    My MO reduced my dose of Taxel because of tingling & numbness. They said it accumulates so make sure to tell them.  

• Ah Amy, sorry you're having such a rubbish time!

I hope you've been able to get some help to manage the side effects and that you are improving 

Lynne xx

• Sorry to hear you’ve got bad leg pains this cycle  I agree this grey weather we are having in the UK is horrible, sunshine definitely helps my mood.
    I’m already on 80% dose to try and minimise SE, mine were much worse last cycle for some reason?  I’ve just taken max pain relief every day this round which I think has helped, mouth not great but manageable. I’m glad I’m heading for the last Docetaxel cycle this month. How many more do you have, sorry I’ve forgotten but think you’re same as me? I flagged up the tingling and strange twinges so have a F2F before next dose. Hope things improve fit you in the next few days. Have you tried magnesium spray on your legs for cramping? 
    denise x

Wishing you all peace and calm in the storm...with a helping of laughter and joy to bring healing Heart

• Sorry to hear you’ve got bad leg pains this cycle  I agree this grey weather we are having in the UK is horrible, sunshine definitely helps my mood.
    I’m already on 80% dose to try and minimise SE, mine were much worse last cycle for some reason?  I’ve just taken max pain relief every day this round which I think has helped, mouth not great but manageable. I’m glad I’m heading for the last Docetaxel cycle this month. How many more do you have, sorry I’ve forgotten but think you’re same as me? I flagged up the tingling and strange twinges so have a F2F before next dose. Hope things improve fit you in the next few days. Have you tried magnesium spray on your legs for cramping? 
    denise x

Wishing you all peace and calm in the storm...with a helping of laughter and joy to bring healing Heart

• my last chemo is on May 21.  I’m not at max for pain reliever yet but we’ll see how the next few injections goes.  Im just resting in bed with extra blankets & hot water bottle. I’m looking for something new to watch on Netflix. Any suggestions?  
    My cramping hasn’t been too bad, I’ll send hubby out for some spray later just in case.

• We recently watched some easy going romcom type series on Netflix which passed the time and had loads of episodes for bingeing...’The Good Witch, ’ ‘Chesapeake Shores’ and the period drama ‘Bridgerton’  is very easy on the eye.
    If it’s a movie then Enola Holmes was good if you like a Sherlock Holmes prequel sort of story. Just remembered ‘The Queens Gambit’ was excellent about the world of chess but compelling story and great period clothes. 

My last chemo is 19th all being well, I’m getting my 2nd Covid vaccine on either 13/14th at home as AZ is in short supply at immunisation clinics in Scotland. GP organised through a different route to ensure I got it, so hopefully no SE to prevent chemo.

Hope the pains ease off for you Pray tone2 do they go once injections finished? 

Denise x

• Hi all, 

Sorry you’re having a rough time Ista. I’m currently working my way through Grey’s anatomy and enjoying it. I hope the pain eases soon. 

Ive just been given the go ahead for round three of EC tomorrow. The nurse said my bloods are borderline so I’m a bit worried. Has anyone else had treatment on a borderline blood result? How did you cope. I’m still feeling pretty tired and achey. 

It’s lovely to see so many ladies coming towards the end of treatment this month, thinking of everyone having theirs over the next few days.

Ruby xx

• My bloods have been borderline on the Monday most of my cycles and they’ve repeated them on the Tuesday and they had bounced up overnight. Not great even then but able to go ahead. If they were really concerned they’d repeat them as wouldn’t give you chemo if they were on the way down I’m sure. Halfway there now  Slight smile

denise x

• I asked about bloods as feeling very fatigued. Just told they were fine. Do you get any details? Had third EC. Feeling a bit rough. Trying to think what to do to perk myself up but hit a blank wall of ideas for now. 

• Thanks Denise,

My chemo nurse said she’d check me tomorrow so I have everything crossed for the go ahead, really want to make my half way point! 

Ruby xx