Waiting for Diagnosis

Breast lump and possible lymph node 

When to breast clinic yesterday after finding a lump. It measures 2cm. On ultrasound,  Doctor says she is strongly concerned,  so did biopsies, with markers,  and also noticed a swollen lymph node. I did mention that I had recently had my 2and covid vaccine,  so said hopefully the node was probably a symptom of that. The doctor at the ultrasound kept saying, do you understand, what we are saying to you? Said I must bring someone with me, for results which is mon 7th June.  

• I’m in the same situation at the moment even down to the lymph nodes! I go for results next week. I’ve found it difficult to concentrate on anything else.

We must both try and be strong and positive, 

Best wishes to you xx

• Sorry to hear that, I think we just have to keep busy, it's hard though isnt it? What day do you go for your results?

• I'm in exactly the same boat. Went to the breast clinic yesterday for a lump and they were very concerned with the ultrasound and said the lymph nodes are 'unusual'. They also did 5 biopsies (lump and armpit) and it a marker in. They told me it's highly likely cancer and also to bring someone with me to my appointment (June 9th). Basically I'm just thinking the worst and trying to get through the next nearly 2 weeks. It's really nice to have others going through this at the same time. Please message me anytime to chat. 

• Hi Kisekae, yes, its worrying when they sort of say they think it is, then have to wait for the results. Do they get it wrong? Have you both told anyone? My husband knew. But I've had to tell my boss,  for time off on results day. Also my sister,  so she can help me looking after parent. 

• I told my husband but would prefer not to tell anyone else. I don't like having people worry and I know it will make them feel bad so I'll at least wait until I have a plan with how to get through this. I am 35 with 4 kids (4,6,6,7), i just want things to stay normal for them for as long as possible.

I'm a bit frustrated cause the Dr told me I would probably have my results next week but he's away on holiday so I have to wait till the week after :(

• I think I would burst into tears having to tell anyone right now

• Hi Betsycar

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are facing a possible Breast Cancer diagnosis. If it turns out that you have Breast Cancer it's very treatable. I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast cancer last September and I am doing well. Once you are in the system things usually happen quite fast.

I'm usually on this forum twice a day so if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as will anyone else on the forum, we're a friendly bunch.

Best wishes on 7th June when you get your results.

Best wishes

Daisy

• Hi Kisekae

Welcome to the forum and sorry that you are facing a Breast Cancer diagnosis.  The waiting for the results are the hardest part. When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer it wasn't a big shock to me in fact it was almost a relief as I was convinced I had it after they found a lump under my armpit that I didn't know about when I had my ultrasound.

Try and keep busy while you are waiting for your results by doing the things you love and be kind to yourself.

Wishing you the best of luck on the 9th of June and I am on this forum at least twice a day so if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as will others on this forum.  We are all nice and friendly here.

Best wishes

Daisy

• I go for results next Wednesday and I’m absolutely petrified, I feel bad that I’ve struggled so much waiting when so many other people on here are dealing with so much and managing to keep upbeat!

My husband and 2 grown up children do know, but I don’t like to put all my anguish on them, I know they will be worried anyway.

We are all here for each other, even though it’s the very last place we want to be x

• Yes, I understand. You don't want people to be upset more than needed. My children are in their 20's , so I do feel for you, also you are young, I'm 53. Are you accepting they are probably right, before diagnosis? I suppose they wouldn't say, if they didnt think it likely.  For your results,  could you ask for different consultant?