Nee diagnosis

Hi, mammogram showed a lump , I had already found one under my arm. It’s my lymph node. Doctor says it very worrying. Biopsy result next week. Scared. Any advice. Thinking to get organised sharpish although difficult with 3 children homeschooling. 

• Hi Mum49 welcome to the forum.  Its little wonder that you are worried and hopefully those biopsy results will tell you exactly what it is you may be dealing with. Im thinking that when you know that you can start to make any arrangements necessary for childcare etc but dot harass yourself just now until you know, as you may well drive yourself mad needlessly.

Please do keep in touch and chat away as much or as little as suits you best and let us know how you get on with those results as we will be thinking of you.

Sending some hugs your way for now. xxxx

• Hello, the waiting is the hardest part, but remember whatever the outcome there is a treatment. I was surprised actually at how slowly things move. I was diagnosed on the 9/12 but did not have surgery until the 21/1 and I’m still waiting for next steps of treatment 5 weeks post surgery, so try not to feel that you need to sort everything out immediately. Of course everyone has a different treatment plan and with kids going back to school in 2 weeks hopefully you will have a bit of time to get organised. My advise is not to google ( everyone does) but it is often out of date and misleading. If you ( and you may not) get a cancer diagnosis they will explain everything to you and you will get your own breast care nurse who is there to answer any questions. In the meantime keep busy ( which I’m sure you are with 3 kids homeschooling) and stay as positive as you can by talking things through with friends and family. And of course chatting here on line. Sending love and laughter x

• Thanks. Have googled and googled but pointless until I get the results of biopsy. Keeping busy going through my ‘to do’ list. 
    The Doctor didn’t actually say I had breast cancer- he just said it was very worrying, to come back with my husband for results and offered me tea. That suggests it though doesn’t it? Maybe he’s made a big mistake? My mum died at 51 of ovarian cancer- wish I had paid privately for that bcr1 gene test. Maybe I could have avoided this? I paid privately for ovarian ultrasound s every 2 years. I feel negligent. 

• Thanks for you reply. Not very good on technology- don’t know if you can see my reply to someone else- 

anyway basically:

The Doctor didn’t actually say I had breast cancer- he just said it was very worrying, to come back with my husband for results and offered me tea. That suggests it though doesn’t it? Maybe he’s made a big mistake? My mum died at 51 of ovarian cancer- wish I had paid privately for that bcr1 gene test. Maybe I could have avoided this? I paid privately for ovarian ultrasound s every 2 years. I feel negligent. my 4 boys are under 13.