HER2 positive

Hi ladies , its anyone have been diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer ? What to expect after MRI? How long takes to hve surgery still waiting for appointment 

• Hi Anna

I completely understand as I'm also grade 3, and still going through all those initial emotions still. Trying to make sense in my head is never ending, and I feel very out of control which is why I try to not look beyond the next appointment and deal with the outcome of that. Yesterday I was elated that that I was omly staged at 3b and not 4 but today I'm tearful I am staged at 3b grade 3 and all the rest of it. A day at a time and I will deal with my oncology appointment and the crap that throws on Tuesday.

Wishing you get some good results on Monday and hope you move forward quickly

• Hi Anna

Im her 2 positive done 5 chemos out of 18 i have it in three lymph nodes my surgeon has me at 3 my oncologist a 2

• Hi

It sounds like my diagnosis last week and the treatment plan I have is very similar to yours.

Feeling quite anxious about CT scan, as now worrying there maybe other issues (overthinking it I'm sure).

It's the waiting that's so difficult as I just want to get on with the treatment.

• Hello Pisces - How strange to get your reply today. I am starting radiotherapy at 3pm. After my fist CT scan, my chemo started 2 weeks later. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I had TCHP. There was a bit of stopping and starting (due to the virus), but I finally finished in September. Mastectomy and lymph node clearance in October. Pathological complete response to chemo. Had leaking seroma and waited for covid jab so starting rads today. I have Hospital at Home for Herceptin jabs. Only 6 more of those to go. The waiting is the worst bit. Once you are in treatment, it is a lot easier. Belinda

• I was diagnosed with breast cancer in nov 2020. Initially booked for surgery on 4th Jan but when biopsy results came back all that changed. I am ER neg, PR neg and HER2 positive. 

Because of the results I am having chemo before surgery. I had an MRI prior to all treatment and a 2and MRIfollowing 2nd round of EC.  I had my 3rd round of chemo 5th February and drugs are changing to Docetaxel and herceptin next time round. I had to have a heart scan last week, they need to monitor your heart during herceptin treatment. I'm due my 1st round of herceptin on thursday followed by docetaxel on friday. Apparently they give them separately first time and monitor you for 6 hours after 1st herceptin. 

I'll have to see what thursday and friday bring!! X

• I was diagnosed with breast cancer in nov 2020. Initially booked for surgery on 4th Jan but when biopsy results came back all that changed. I am ER neg, PR neg and HER2 positive. 

Because of the results I am having chemo before surgery. I had an MRI prior to all treatment and a 2and MRIfollowing 2nd round of EC.  I had my 3rd round of chemo 5th February and drugs are changing to Docetaxel and herceptin next time round. I had to have a heart scan last week, they need to monitor your heart during herceptin treatment. I'm due my 1st round of herceptin on thursday followed by docetaxel on friday. Apparently they give them separately first time and monitor you for 6 hours after 1st herceptin. 

I'll have to see what thursday and friday bring!! X

• Hi Eiluj, iam absolutely the same negative negative and HER2 positive. I believe that chemo and radio before the surgery because of size od cancer in your breast. My breast its very busy unfortunately and they did second biopsy(5 biopsies) and they forward my surgery to 12 th March instead of 26 Feb. My cancer 10 mm, and fibroadenoma and something else too. My very best wishes for you with chemo and adjuvant therapy! Iam follow you step by step. X

• hi Annna unless its a very small tumour you will need chemotherapy before surgery 

ruthx