It seems I'm a patient now!

But not a very patient one! 

I've at least got a diagnosis, it's invasive ductal cancer grade 2, but still small, oestrogen receptive but looks as if I might get away with the lymph nodes....and maybe not too much treatment afterwards? 

Complex plan, but to begin with, a sentinel node (plus another one or so) removal as day surgery, (a nuclear medicine visit first to get 'the jab' for them to trace) then a gap while that,  plus the HER result come back, then because of my previous surgeries for cysts and the fact one resulted in a massive haematoma, therefore scar tissue, I will have a complete mastectomy with an implant. That will be immediately after Easter. 

By finding out as much as possible beforehand, the surgeon hopes to prevent too many operations. Obviously I will then need Tamoxifen or similar, so will appreciate helpful advice about that. 

But I'd be interested on anyone's 'take' on her plan. I feel reassured that she took time with me, and the BC nurse afterwards spent a good while too. 

Hugs xxx

• Hubs has his scan booked now for exactly a month from today, same procedure again. Alex (nurse) phoned to double check he had the letter....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• A month to wait! Will he have to have another Covid test? So sorry, it must be so very stressful. How long will you have to wait fir your test result? Xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Hi, yes another month.....but Alex said should yet another test come back positive they’d have to deal with it! 
    Ive got to do mine tomorrow early and a courier will collect by 8 am, no idea how long I will need to wait.....

Sooooooo frustrated by it all! But what can I do?! 
    Hugs xxx

Moomy

• I’m beyond stressed. 
    hugs xxx

Moomy

• Just dozed over an episode of Father Brown on iPlayer! And checked out my prescriptions online; I asked for some Amitriptyline as they helped once before; it’s already gone through to the chemist!!!! (But due to enforced self isolation I won’t be able to pick them up; but sneakily I have some anyway!!!!) 

I think I will perhaps be able to sleep tonight and sleep on in the morning, perhaps, as I won’t need to wake up to do the test tomorrow morning!?!? 

Argh, what a pain all this is!!!!

Hugs to you all, our lass was right, caring is harder than going through it, I’ve been both and am caring again now! 
    Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi, I've just had my 3rd of 12 Paclitaxel chemo. Routine mammogram 3rd November,  biopsy 10th November,  result was multi focal hormone plus Her2. I'm cold capping and ..touch wood..no hair loss yet. I've not slept well for years and have taken 1 a night Nytol which I take 2 off ! I'm struggling with insomnia at min so asked and they said take the Nytol. It really does work...well 2 does ! Obviously check with professional first x

• I’m really puzzled now!

got my Covid test result, and it’s negative!!!!! So we are really confused. We have gas warm air heating, we always have a goodnight kiss, it’s just totally bizarre.

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Pleased for you re negative result - mine is too! Very confusing I agree and what’s even more confusing is that I got my result last night and the other 3 in the house haven’t heard yet! All posted at the same time . 

• Hubs will NOT contemplate even doing another test himself! 
    men! Grrrrrrrrr!

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• So - after avoiding each other in the house as much as possible and only exercising in the garden, we have all now tested negative including husband! Wonder what test and trace will say now? Husband's tests were on Sunday +ve  and Wednesday -ve . 
    Positive test must be something to do with Sunday! 

Crazy !