AWAKE.........

• Night night Fruit Loops, sleep well and stay safe

lots of sleepy fairy dust for any who wish

hugs xxx

Moomy

• One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  • Here at a quiet museum (schools are back!) while left hubs at home after he’s had breakfast….

Any ideas as to Father’s Day presents for a Dad who’s got lots of stuff and has cancer? I’m trying to think for the family who know he might not have long but want to give him something…..

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Difficult to know what to suggest @ moomy- men are much more difficult than us ladies.Perhaps a plant/ bush that he would like in the garden,a special reference book ( I'm thinking birds or insects ,or related to one of his hobbies perhaps music) .

Some favourite chocolates or sweets now that he can eat more normally,or even shortbread or biscuits.

A cake made by one of them.

New tools for his hobbies, even a kindle(other readers are available)  Take it that he already has a phone / tablet.

Can't think of much else except a new shirt etc but suspect he will probably have lots of them anyway .

If anything else occurs will come on again Take care of yourselvesHuggingHugging  

• We’ve thought on a posh gin, with the relevant tonics and chocolates so far….. the kids liked those ideas. Garden plant is nice but we haven’t much space now. And an iPad/kindle/whatever is pricey…. But thank you so much for thinking!

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi couple of ideas what about a fancy bird table we did this for mt dad when he was ill he spent hours watching the birds.

Or putting old and or current  photos onto DVD or in albums . So many photos are lost in our technology 

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  • I was going to suggest something with photos too.....special memories from your children of days or events spent with him. Every visit 'my men' make, it's  always full of reminiscent and them saying ' we didn't realise' or 'we didn't appreciate.....'

For my Dad who is 94 and getting frailer by the week so I may not get to UK to visit him.....I have sent a very large balloon from Moonpig with a message on it. I am hoping I'm not wrong and it will make him smile and he can show it to his great grandchildren who I suspect will share the day with him. I know he loves his cards from the Queen which celebrate his marriage, shows all his carers etc and hoping for a similar response.

1. I
  • I thought photos too and wondered about a digital photo frame if hubby is techy. Or even if he isn't the kids probably are and could set it up for him.  

Luckily the Macmillan Hike is walking rather than running. I don't really do running. It's a half marathon so although my general fitness is now quite good again I need to get some longer walks in.   I've got out of the habit of walking having started paddling again. 

Judith

jejke
  • sorry to hear…maybe a bird table near where he might eat his breakfast with you in the garden, or wherever he is he could watch it xx

• Thank you all for lovely ideas! They’ve helped a lot.

Night night Fruit Loops, sleep well and stay safe

hugs xxx

Moomy