Cervical cancer

A support group for anyone affected by cervical cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

PET scan

TLO
Posted by

I’ve recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer. I am now waiting to go for a PET scan as the MRI results show the growth is smaller than what the consultants and a pelvic ultrasound have found. The MRI has also shown blocked glands (probably lymph nodes). Has anyone else had a PET scan? Anyone been told they had blocked glands?

TLO
Kib1411
Posted by

Hello TLO 

I had a PET Scan following an MRI like yourself, however unlike you I was told I would be having both scans in order for my oncologist to get a better idea of the growth. Following the PET Scan I was told a number of lymph nodes had shown on the Scan but nothing had been mentioned about blocked glands

Kirsty x

TLO
Posted by

Thank you for coming back to me Kirsty. It’s a really confusing time at the moment and I’ll be relieved when I have confirmed diagnosis and action plan. 

TLO
Kib1411
Posted by

You're welcome TLO! I remember that feeling very well I was more upset being told I might have cancer than when it was confirmed! Then when I met with my ooncologis and seen how optimistic he was it ready helped! 

Kirsty x

TLO
Posted by

Hi Kirsty. I’m due to go for more tests on Wednesday ... really hope we can move forward after that. How has your treatment plan gone?

TLO