Cervical cancer

A support group for anyone affected by cervical cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Confused- I had a biopsy confirmed abnormal cells

Becky45
Posted by

Hi, I dont know if anyone can help but I dont have a great relationship with my g.p as when I recieved results that my CA125 was raised a second time he put me down via the receptionist and passed on the message it was because I smoked. (I dont smoke) 2 months on after complaining and being referred to a gynae consultant who also said im not worried about the CA125. Biopsy taken and I recieve a copy of the letter sent to G.p that the biopsy shows abnormal cells. Had MRI, referred to gynae Oncologist in 2 weeks for results. Terrified as my mother died of cervical cancer. I have two small children and no knowledge of what stage the biopsy is....should I expect to know that? Or do I wait??? The wait is horrific, feel like im in an altered state of reality with no support!. Kindly someone share their knowledge.

Arla
Posted by

Hi Becky,

As far as I know (I'm not a medic) abnormal cells doesn't necessarily mean cancerous cells, abnormal cells can sometimes turn cancerous if they are left untreated. Try and take one step at a time, I know it's not easy, waiting is awful, but keep as busy as you can doing things that you enjoy, distraction is the best technique. 

Im here with a dodgy womb so I've not had your experience but after a MRI scan and a biopsy they will hopefully be able to tell you what's happening at your appointment and come up with a treatment plan. 

To speak to a medic about what's happening you can call the Macmillan helpline on 0808 808 0000 and ask to speak with a nurse.

Lots of love and please let us know how you get on

xxx

Becky45
Posted by

Thank you so much for your kind reassurring words. Ive let the fear come in today but plan a much more positive view tommorow.  I hope all is well for you too. Xxx

Arla
Posted by

I'm good thanks, I needed a hysterectomy and now I'm on six monthly check ups. A wee day to freak out is ok, just don't let it take control, worrying never cures anything, it just makes us feel awful, it's much better to spend the waiting days pampering yourself and seeing your favourite people.

xxx