Cervical cancer

A support group for anyone affected by cervical cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Cancer starting to spread

PinkChaos
Posted by

Hello everyone, I’m new here so sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place. 

I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer and have had 6 cisplatin chemo/25 radiotherapy and 4 brachytherapy. I had an MRI scan about 6 weeks ago which had shown that the tumour had shrank considerably and then another MRI a couple of weeks ago which has shown that the cancer is starting to grow again. 

I’m going for a pet scan tomorrow to see if it has spread anywhere else and if not it looks like I’ll be having a pelvic exenteration. 

Has anyone else had the cancer start to grow again? If it has spread can I have more chemo? I know I should have asked my oncologist but I was expecting to be told it was gone and the news that it’s growing again has totally floored me

Wedgegirl
Posted by

Hello,

Which cervical do you have?

She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails.

PinkChaos
Posted by

It’s stage 2b

Wedgegirl
Posted by

Sorry I should have been clearer, do you have squamous cell or adenocarcinoma, any neuroendocrine component, different ones have different treatments :) 

She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails.

PinkChaos
Posted by

Ah I see, I’m not actually sure I’m sure it will be on my notes somewhere but I don’t remember actually being told

Wedgegirl
Posted by

Do you get copies of the letters that the hospital send to your GP? If so it will be on one of those.