Cervical cancer

A support group for anyone affected by cervical cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

1b1 / simple or radical hysterectomy

Becia
Posted by

Hello . First please forgive my english :)

I was diagnosed with 1b1 cervical cancer . First i had Lletz that showed 1b1 cancer . Doctor decided to do cone biopsy to check and decide wheter i will need simple or radical hysterectomy. The cone biopsy showed no cells doctor said there is no cancer and that they recommend simple hysterectomy... they said it is goind to be enough for me to get cured. But he also gave me an option for radical hysterectomy and a week for me to think about with what procedure i want to go for ... i dont know what to do i know each patient and case is different.. i just dont get when they decide on patients to have radical or simple with the same stage eg.1b1 ??? Also lot of people with the same stage had radio or chemo ... is it to do with for example the lumph nodes that are also removed and have some abnormalities there or is to do with the  results of the histopathological examination of the uterus  ????   I know it will be my decision only but i need some advice or help can someone explain please . I tried to ask doctor but they have their own knowledge and whatever is simple for them is not very understandable for every patients 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

There's no need to apologise for your English. Believe me, there's nothing wrong with it and you've explained yourself very well. I'm afraid I can't answer your question having no knowledge of these procedures but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

You may find this helps to explain about different types of hysterectomy.

It may be an idea for you to phone the Macmillan Support Line on 0800 808 0000 when it reopens on Monday morning. It's free to call and staffed by trained experts who should be able to help you. Another alternative is to make an urgent appointment to see your GP and ask them to explain the different procedures you've been offered as you need to make the right choice for you.

All the best for next week