Cervical cancer

A support group for anyone affected by cervical cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Cervical cancer - oh where to start

Kayscsncercampaign
Posted by

Hey guys - I’m not really sure where to start. I feel I just need to get this off my chest and actually speak to someone that has been through this rather than people telling me they know how I feel. Anyway - I was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical sancer after my first smear test in February this year. I had no signs at all. It was a complete shock. And I’m all honesty it all happened so quickly I think I’ve only just really started to process what happened. Within a month of my diagnosis I had surgery and advised that I don’t - at present need any further treatment. But being so young, I just feel I have no one to speak to. I don’t like putting my problems into people but recently it’s really hit me what I’ve been through and I’m really struggling to come to terms with this. I’ve spoken to my other half but his mum also has terminal cancer so I don’t want to put anymore pressure. I just don’t know what to do. Thank you. Kay x

Arla
Posted by

Hi Kay,

I know how you feel I'm struggling myself just now, I don't feel the same person that I used to be. I had a tah and bso in August for womb cancer and don't need more treatment at the moment. 

I know what you mean about people saying they understand, I don't think anyone does unless they have been there too. 

I'm going to ask for counselling either through work or my CNS. 

I feel like everyone thinks I am and should be back to normal but I don't feel normal, I feel anxious and paranoid all the time. 

You will probably know about all the help out there for us but I wouldn't be doing my champ role if I don't point you in the direction of help, so you can call Macmillan helpline on 0808 808 0000, your CNS or contact Jos Trust or  The eve appeal

It helps me knowing that what I'm feeling is normal and that it will get better in time, I started a thread in the womb group about it the other day and two ladies ahead in their treatment had the same feelings.

I hope that this helps a bit, please let me know if I can help in any way.

Lots of love 

Xx

Lovelyme123
Posted by

Are you sure its not cin3? Stage 3 and cin 3 is completely different at stage 3 surgery chemo would be required. I'm sorry about your mom.

Philleepa
Posted by

Yes, I would definitely agree with lovelyme,  if you had stage 3 cancer you would be needing chemorads - not surgery