Stressed waiting Colposcopy

• 8 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Just back from doctors appointment who said I have a unusual cervix which bled easily. I've been suffering from lower abdomen pain and frequent urination for a number of weeks.  Twice I went to the docs and they prescribed antibiotics for a urine infection. Last week I started to have a small amount of blood spotting which panicked me. So after my appointment today now referred for a Colposcopy. So panicked and stressed right now. Any help or advise would be so helpful. Thank you

• Hi Shaz2825 and welcome to the group.

I know it’s easy to be very stressed and panic when you have symptoms which are worrying, when you don’t yet have an explanation. But lots of ladies have issues with their cervix which are not actually anything sinister. The colposcopy will let the dr examine your cervix in much more detail to see what’s going on, and hopefully it will turn out to be nothing serious as there are many more explanations for your symptoms than cancer.

Your symptoms do definitely need to be checked out to rule out anything potentially nasty, but it’s always a waiting game with this to have the right tests done. I hope you don’t have too long to wait for the colposcopy and that it turns out to be nothing serious, but do please let us know how you get on, and post as often as you need to in the group. We understand the worries and hopefully can help to reassure you. Try not to let your thoughts run away with themselves before you know what is actually happening, and if there is something wrong then we will all be here to support you. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah for your reply. It's been an anxious day and my symptoms seem worse today than ever. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks again Sarah for your reply

• When we’re worried, symptoms are magnified-the mind can be very powerful. I’m speaking from long experience here! I know you’ll be really anxious, and it’s completely understandable, but try as best you can to relax and breathe deeply to calm yourself. Not knowing what’s going on is a horrible place to be, but let’s hope it’s soon resolved for you. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Thank you. I've just read your story, I hope you dont mind. How are you? You have been through so much

• I’m doing fine thank you, and I don’t mind at all! It took me a long time to put it on here as I don’t want to scare people, but it’s a necessary thing to do when you become a community champ! Anyway, ultimately I would class myself as a “positive realist”.

Things can turn out worse than you ever thought possible, but you find a strength to get through, and ultimately I’m very proud of what I’ve come through to get to where I am today. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Shaz2825,  Just wanted to say hi and echo all that Sarah has said to you.  I know how the mind can run away imagining all sorts of horrible things and it's completely natural when we don't know what is happening.  Please keep us posted, we are all here for you and I hope you will have some good news soon xxx

• Thank you for your reply.  Counting down the days to have answers now. 

• Hi Shaz2825

Did you receive your results? Hoping it was all positive for you