Breast, secondary cancer

Secondary breast cancer is cancer that has started in the breast and spread to other parts of the body. This group is for people affected by secondary breast cancer to share experiences and get support.

Positive secondary breast cancer stories

noswad1
Posted by

I don't visit this site much at the moment because I found that I was getting sucked into the bad news stories and it was making me feel very low. Anyway, as an alternative, I thought I would start a thread for positive secondary BC stories as I'm pretty sure we would all welcome them! Please feel free to add your own so that we can build a library to remind us of positivity when we are feeling that our bodies are against us! Positive stories only please. My first one is below the emojis. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDvhE1o69U

noswad1
Where there's hope, there's life!
noswad1
Posted by

More positive stories for secondary BC: mbcn.org/.../

noswad1
IamLyn
Posted by

This is such a good idea noswad1 - I would welcome very much people positive stories - it does not even need to be a link (I am a technophobe) but if can all share some positivity then I think that would be a really good thing.

I will ask my partner how to attach a link so we can all share what I think will give us all a lift

Thank you for starting this lets hope other members join in because there has to be a lot of positives out there x

noswad1
Posted by

, thank you for your support! Come on guys, post your positive stories.

noswad1
IamLyn
Posted by

Hello all

Surely amongst all the *&^% there must be some positive stories.

Whilst I have found this site to be helpful and friendly, wouldn't it be great to share positivity. It does not even have to be a link to a site how about sharing your good day to give us all a lift.

Mine, although recently diagnosed (April 2019), I have recently has results of my first 3 month scan and the results came back that there was not spread and a sign of healing top part of my spine.

that's better news than I thought so go me.....

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi, KTAtHome's just started a thread about three good things. This would fit in with what u say x

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi, KTAtHome's just started a thread about three good things. This would fit in with what u say x

Action for happiness - 3 good things 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Oops!

noswad1
Posted by
[deleted]
noswad1
noswad1
Posted by

And another 10-yr success story sent to me by

www.bbc.co.uk/.../stories-46785690

noswad1
IamLyn
Posted by

Hi Buttercup01

Thanks for the response the thread, I think its a great idea regarding the three good things we all need a lift and sometimes forget to be grateful for the little things we take for granted.

I will take a look at the link.  I think also what Nowsad1 was trying to achieve is that, although we have been given a prognosis of 'incurable', it is also a lift to read positive stories not only about research, but about those still living with diagnosis despite prognosis.

I wonder if we can do both at the same time, put your good things and If you happen to come across a good story you have found or want to share include that too.  Double delight I would say.

noswad1
Posted by

THE STORY BELOW WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE ON ANOTHER WEBSITE :

'I’ve been living with secondary breast cancer since January 2014. I’ve had buckets of chemo (35!) and lots of surgery, radiotherapy as well as trials. Then in March I had a clear PET scan - no cancer could be found. 

'This is totally miraculous as I had been deemed 'incurable'. Last week I had another scan and again I had the results that I am still currently cancer free!

'It’s absolutely amazing. So I continue to have a treatment break and I want to stay a walking miracle.'

noswad1
noswad1
Posted by
noswad1
noswad1
Posted by

Hi everyone, does anyone else have any positive stories about secondary breast cancer that can be added to this thread?

Would love to read more. 

noswad1
Andyv
Posted by

Hi

I have written on 2 other areas of this section relating to Abemaciclib 

Just to say I was diagnosed with breast cancer with lymph node involvement and secondaries in spine and lung

I had 8 Chemo which got rid of the lung nodes, then on Denosumab 

I had 2 lumpectomies and a mastectomy (with implant), I was amazed at how NONtraumatic I found d them, modern surgery is amazing. I know we're all different and other people have different experiences,  but for me it felt very un intimidating. I was just glad to get it done

On Letrozole.  However, PET showed progression of spinal mets so  changed from Letrozole.

I started on Abemaciclib and Fulvestrant about 3 months ago (discussion about side effects on other section of this area)

My latest PET scan shows that my spinal mets have resolved, no spinal hot spots at all.  Such unexpectedly great news.

Thank you Abemaciclib, 

Onward and upward 

Best wishes everyone, whatever stage of your journey 

Andyv