We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

••• July BC Radiotherapy Club 2020 •••

Dreamthief
Posted by

Welcome to the July Radiotherapy Discussion  

This is a place where you can ask for advice, give and/or receive support and just query anything involving BC radiotherapy.

A couple of quick tips, if you are using a car to your radiotherapy appointments daily, ask if your hospital offers free or discounted parking for people going through treatment - Most do.

For more tips, here's our Radiotherapy Tips Page and other replies you may find useful.

External Beam Radiotherapy information link.

Here's also a link from the Macmillan Information pages, and this helpful video that some of you may want to have a look at.
This is a link to The June Radiotherapy Chat if you need to backtrack - It will be locked shortly for replies.

If you have any questions, just holler - someone will soon reply with some support or advice.
Keep using the creams post rads as you will still be 'cooking' for a couple of weeks.

If you are having the 5 daily sessions of FF Radiotherapy regime - This image may help ?

Take care - You're almost there,  G n' J

Dreamthief
Posted by

Just giving this a 'bump' there must be some here having Rads at the moment - even if only 5 days worth ?

G n' J

BlueSkyDreamer
Posted by

I finished my 5 days worth of rads on 30th June, apart from the initial tiredness I'm currently free of any other sided effects though I know they can present still.  I have heard that 5 x RT seems to present fewer side effects, here's hoping.  

Ps I also got to ring the bell after my 5th session :-)