We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Going for mammo tomorrow do I wear deodorant?

pat2
Posted by

Hi,

I am going for my first year mammo tomorrow and I cant remember if I shouldn't wear deodorant? I know I should remember but I dont. 

Can anyone adviseme?

Thanks

PAt

sezza
Posted by

Hi pat2 I didn't use deodorant for mine xx

sezza

WhatHappened
Posted by

Hi Pat,

No deodorant nor talcum powder.  

We hope everything will be okay for you, we'll be thinking of you.

If you need Lucky Pants to go with you - I'm sure  will be able to jiggle the diary so he can come with you. 

Stay Safe xx

pat2
Posted by

That's great thanks for letting me know Sezza, much appreciated.

Pat

xx

pat2
Posted by

Hi WhatHappened

Thanks for letting me know and also for the good wishes, much appreciated.

Stay safe

xx

Kwissy
Posted by

Hi pat2,

the others have answered your question re mammo - just wanted to wish you all the best for today.sending hugs xx

pat2
Posted by

Thank you Kwissy for the good luck message. I had my mammo all was well!! :)  Next appointment September to check again. 

WhatHappened
Posted by

Yahhhhhhy Congratulations  This is the news we like to here. 

Kwissy
Posted by

Hi pat2,

So pleased to hear that all was well on your mammo.Now you can breathe a sigh of relief!! Sending big congratulatory hugs xx

moomy
Posted by

Great, so glad you had a good result!

for info; I use Mitchum deodorant and it is ok for mammograms, I asked if I should wash when I got there at my first (diagnostic) mammo, she said no it was fine. 

Celebratory hugs xxx

Moomy