Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Breast Cancer and in Lymph node

Worrier76
Posted by

Hi Charlie, I had grade 3 ER+ HER2+. Aggressive but lots of treatment options is what they told me at diagnosis.

Santababy
Posted by

Hi there, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Sept 2019 (after burying my head in the sand for 2 years, I just don’t do “being ill”) and had a left side mastectomy with full node clearance in October. This was followed up with 3 weeks of radiotherapy in December ending on 20/12/19. It is so hard to not constantly be looking out for definitive answers but they are not out there, I can say that I have not been given anything but positivity from my health care team, the lymph node clearance does put you at risk of lymphedema but by no means have I been advised or had the word terminal given to me. Good luck with your journey, enjoy your family and sending hugs xx

Santababy
HughieBearsmommy
Posted by

I can’t thank everyone enough for reply to my post and making me feel so much better about things. Sometimes when I start to get anxious again I read through the comments again and it helps all over again. I feel a lot more positive and will let you all know how I get on after having my results on Monday. Sorry I can’t reply to each comment but I really want to let you ALL know how grateful I am for you sharing your experiences and how much it all really and truly helps. MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE xxxxx

Cheeboe
Posted by

, will be thinking of you on Monday xxxxx

Charlieandlola
Posted by

Hello

How are you getting on? 

Julie x

Charlieandlola
HughieBearsmommy
Posted by

Hi,

My results confirmed I had 4 out of 17 lymph nodes removed affected which I felt quite positive about. Unfortunately now more doubt is creeping in as I’m having lots of pain in ribs close to affected chest and have had some veins that hurt to touch rise just under my ribs too . Also convinced I have a lump in thigh lump I can’t work out if this is intuition, paranoia, pregnancy related or what. I’m despots start treatment now but still waiting on my pregnancy team and cancer team to communicate xxxx

Flowerhappy
Posted by

I think the other women that have posted on your thread have been talking perfect sense! I know how easy it is to be paranoid but you must listen to the experts too. 4 nodes is a result..  it means it hasn't spread far at all from the original site. You will have pains, swelling etc too which is normal... they have said it isn't cancer spreading. Talk to your Macmillan nurse as they are amazing. They have talked me down fron a lot of panic attacks!!!!!! Good luck, thinking of you. This is such a hard situation but you will get through ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Charlieandlola
Posted by

Hello

I'm sure the lump on your thigh is nothing to worry about as it would not be a place for a lump to appear. Probably pregnancy related. I'm paranoid about every ache and pain I get its drives you nuts. I cant remember what type of breast cancer you have? Soon your treatment will start and it will ease your worries a bit. 

Thinking of you 

Julie xxx

Charlieandlola
Shargood1e
Posted by

Hi Worrier 76, I'm new to this site, but see that we have the same diagnosis. I had 1 sentinel lymph removed which was cancerous....the others ' look ok', so I am unsure how many nodes are affected. I've just been given my treatment plan and start chemotherapy on the 19 th. 

Joanf
Posted by

Hi

I'm so sad that you find yourself here on this forum but there are lots of people here who will empathise with you and can give you more knowledgeable advice that I can. I just want to tell you this little story. 12 years ago I met a young woman (let's  call her L) who moved into the house next door but one to me. She had just had a baby and our mutual 'inbetween' neighbour invited us both around to meet - and I'm a sucker for small babies so I was glad to go. We had a pleasant evening but didn't really develop the friendship - she is quite a lot younger than me with different interests. About a year or so later my next door neighbour told me that L. was newly pregnant but had been diagnosed with breast cancer. I was devastated for her and went to visit offering to baby sit her toddler if she needed to attend hospital appointments with  her husband. Like you she was  finding it difficult to cope with the diagnosis and all the issues that arose from it for her own health and that of the baby. She was advised by her first oncologist to have a termination so that she could have treatment. She refused and found another oncologist. The second doctor was more reassuring and devised a treatment plan for her - surgery, followed by a chemotherapy regime  that could start once she was in her second trimester. So chemo began and continued until 3 weeks before the baby was born.  She had a little boy who was born with the most wonderful shock of black hair - who would have thought! After she had recovered from the birth she had follow-on hormone treatment. Now 8 years later she has a beautiful smart, energetic son, and she is one of my best friends. In fact she is now supporting me through my own breast cancer journey.   I can't say whether her cancer was medically equivalent  to yours as I don't know. But I do know that there were many dark times in her journey when she was very scared and feared the worst.  But she is now fully recovered having received excellent care from her oncology team.   

I hope this helps just a little.  Sending you all my love and best wishes.   

Valx
                          ** “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” **
Dreamthief
Posted by

Hi 

Warm welcome to (unfortunately) just about the busiest group here.

It is fairly common for some cancer cells to be found in the sentinel lymph node as it is the nearest to the tumour site and it is the nodes job to trap any cells so they can mobilise your T cells to contain and attack them.  Think of them as a safely net for bacteria and infections, that's why they swell up with flu, mumps etc.

For the most part there are just a small cluster of cells found in one node and they rely on chemo and rads to mop up any other random cells - only having you back in for further lymph node surgery if they feel you would benefit from this, or want to check the extent if suspicious.

What chemo regime have they offered you EC-T by any chance ?

Take care, G n' J