Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Surgery on Wednesday

daisyjake
Posted by

Good morning everyone

I have rarely posted on here after a rough start at diagnosis.  I have recently completed six months of neo chemo, 8 cycles, last 4 cycles been terribly poorly but I have had a brilliant pathological response.  I finished work on Friday, which felt odd, & have my surgery on Wednesday, I am petrified.

My team have been unstinting in their time & outlined every available option & I am undergoing mastectomy with delayed re-construction, change of plan from clearance and now taking sentinel plus 3 to sample. 

Day case but packed my little bag just in case. Horse nanny booked & off to M & S today to stock my freezer. 

I thought I would feel relieved to reach this point.....

Deb x 

lesleyhelen
Posted by

Morning Deb

All the very best that everything goes exactly as planned on Wednesday and that the SNB comes back clear for you.

Kindest wishes,

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?

Northerner
Posted by

Hi ,

well done ,you're thru chemo . I personally ,along with others on here ,believe that's the worse part over with .

I had masectomy and sentinel node done prior to chemo . I know we all react differently and I have been  lucky with SE . 

I have to say for me op was a doddle ! Straight forward more discomfort than pain . ( Nerve block prior to op ) Scar not as bad as thought some swelling slowly went down over six week recovery .

Drain a bit of a pain in the butt but given a shoulder bag to carry it .

just take the meds when offered and listen to body rest when needed .

If you can look at wound asap to put mind at rest ,just a peek .

Follow the excercise plan they help a lot 

most of all if you not well / happy then tell your team .

Also make sure you got button thru tops getting things over your head not easy! 

Obviously you'll know you had op ...won't be running down corridor or up and down stairs

Take care honest it not as bad as your head telling you .

margaret x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
daisyjake
Posted by

Thank you so much Margaret, I appreciate this x 

daisyjake
Posted by

Thanks so much Lesley x 

feemcg
Posted by

Hope you got on okay today Deb x

moomy
Posted by

Hope you’re all done and dusted, take it easy but do those exercises and try to have a glimpse at your scar if you can.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

Hope everything all done  and you sleeping now . Make sure you have a little look so it doesn't become big deal ... and when you can do those excercises they really help 

lets us know how you are when you can ...no rush 

margaret x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
lady_tinkerbell
Posted by

Thinking of you daisyjake 

il mirror what the others have said. I looked at my scar tonight for the first time. I am a wimp but honestly it’s not that bad. 

sending you lots of love xxx

Tinker bell xx
Julus
Posted by

Hope everything’s gone okay  had my had my mastectomy almost 3 weeks ago ( with reconstruction) best advice I was given was keep up with the pain killers even if you don’t feel need them at the time, it’s easier to manage a little pain then trying to easy a lot of pain and don’t forget to take the tablets for constipation 

take care big gentle hugs

Life’s to short to feel miserable love and laugh each day 
daisyjake
Posted by

Hello beautiful people!

Last on list yesterday in at 2.40pm, in recovery at 4pm desperate for a wee! No bed on ward so kept in recovery until 7pm by which time they would not release me! 

Bit of pain in night but moving well, drain is a bit of a hindrance.

Dye failed, so level one clearance, looked at scar this morning,  swollen but neat. Reconstruction further down the road for me! 

Still here, waiting for my oromorph, pharmacy next door to ward, usual story!

Thank you for thinking of me.

Much love x