Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

How to stay in control And help yourself

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Rita

I think it’s the whole thing of I had cancer and look what it has done to my body when really I should be thinking positively about it that I am still here and fighting that disgusting disease.  I am not good with needles or blood etc so knowing what I have had done to my body makes me feel faint,  In a way I get upset with myself because there are children who are also fighting cancer in this world whom are braver than me. I have got to get over this silly self pity and be thankful that I am still here and will see my 4 year old daughter grow up. She is my world and  reason  to keep on going on this horrible journey. 

Love Netty xx

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Louisa. 

I hope that I can be strong and one day look at this and laugh and be inspirational just like you. I have so many mixed up emotions and I think I am angry and scared of what I will see in the mirror now that my dressings and stitches are gone and hopefully won’t faint but I know I gotta take this on the chin and carry on for my 4 year old daughter and show her to be happy and positive in life. I am very lucky to be able to express my true feelings on this community and be around people who truly understand this journey. Thank you so much for listening and replying to me. 

Love Netty xx

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Hi Netty, 

I know just how you are feeling and if I am honest I didn't look for months. I could shower and dress without a mirror!......

When I did feel ready and looked....I had the neatest scar and although a bit misshapen, nowhere near what I imagined. So don't  rush......  look when you feel ready ....but you may be pleasantly surprised. 

I'm sure your four year daughter already admires her mum......

Have a good weekend.

Love Karen

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning Netty /  

This may seem a long way off for you at the moment, but there will be a time when you can look at it from this point of view - as this is how I see my wife now...

Hugs, G n' J

Purpletrunks
Posted by

Morning Netty, 

Just take one day at a time and allow yourself to feel what ever you are feeling. Ditch the 'shoulds', 'musts' etc. Allow yourself to grieve for the loss of your breast, and for the loss of health albeit temporary. Be as kind to yourself as you would be to your daughter... and as you adjust to this new normal you WILL naturally flow back to a place of physical and mental strength at your own pace. 

Much love,

Lou xxx

With love and peace,
Lou xxxx
lousia2000
Posted by

It 's great point of view 

Look when you feel ready for it and you will see it wont won't be as bad as you had imagined 

Hope your 4 year old daughter would grow and learn from her inspirational mum to be positive ,strong and happy through life

Love 

Louisa

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Dreamthief.

I hope that one day I can feel that way. 

Love Netty xx

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Lou it really helps knowing I am not alone and are with people who understand. Xx

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Louisa for the message. It helps xxxx