Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Being admitted to hospital . . .

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thank you for the update . Glad the house is sold. Sorry the progression seems to be so fast. And I wish you could have face ti face with a neuro so you can have a definitive diagnosis. I know it does not make much difference to the symptoms, but they do seem to have let you down.

Your care team are on the ball thankfully.

Nothing worse than fickle bowels, hope that is sorted soon. Nightmare if you have limited movement snd diarrhoea! 

When do you think you will be able to move?

Big hugs and lots if love xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi lovely and thanks for updating us. Glad things are moving along with house and powered wheelchair, hopefully give you back some mobility and freedom. Sorry about other grim stuff, what other cr*p is life going to throw at you next????? This will be you soon.....

and of course I have to send you....

along with lots of love and a great big hug. HFxxxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
AnnJac
Posted by

A bit of good news for a change.   Just had results of my PIP application and I have been awarded enhanced award in both sections.   So don't need to appeal.

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Oh that’s one thing good to come out of this, then! Hope you already have a blue badge?

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

, so glad you got PIP. As you say, a bit if good news!

Lots of love xxxx

AP7
Posted by

Well, it's high time something went your way, AnnJac. I'm glad you got the enhanced awards. Though it's hard to see how even DWP could have refused.

WhatHappened
Posted by

Dearest

I wanted you to know I am thinking of you.  I hope things are going as well as can be for you.  Have you managed to get your new mobility chair yet - oww I hope you will be able to use it okay, they look a bit of a night mare, but you see people bombing along in them.  My nephew has cerebral palsy, he's not been able to walk since he was around 6 years, he will be 40 this birthday... he now has very limited movement yet zooms all over the place, he is totally amazing, he has just gone to America with his two carers.  

Any news with the house move, have you secured the bungalow (sorry if you have already told us, my mind is all over the place).

Sending love to you and your hubby xxxx

AnnJac
Posted by

Thank you - what a lovely mmessage.

The team who have been supporting me at home have been worried about the speed of deterioration and they have asked neurologists to admit me to hospital to get to bottom of issues.

So I'm back in hospital again .....

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Dearest

I too have been concerned you haven't posted, sorry you’re back in hospital but I really hope they can find out for sure what’s going on and can do something to halt/help/heal. 

Lots of love and hugs xxx

Moomy

Bagrat17
Posted by

Oh Sorry you are back in hospital but it is often the shortest route to answers.  Sending you my bestest healing thoughts and hugs

Wendy.  Just breathe
HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi , good for the care team, you need some answers so, although I’m sorry you’re back in hospital, I’m hoping they’ll finally give you a definite diagnosis. Hope food is ok and reasonable company on your ward. Sending lots of love and a mega cyber hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

, so sorry you are back in hospital, but the care team were really on the ball. You do need a definite diagnosis, but of course it eon’t help your symptoms. I’m so sorry it is progressing so fast. 

Lots of love, and big hugs xxxx

AP7
Posted by

I was worried about you too,  

I'm sorry you're back in hospital, but maybe this way you'll get a definitive diagnosis and some alleviation of the symptoms. 

Thinking of you, and sending virtual hugs and positive vibes. 

AnnJac
Posted by

Thank you everyone.

Everyone being very kind but they are not used to dealing with such profound disability and don't have the equipment I need.  Toiletting a big problem.  I  may have to get hubby to bring MY commode in.

Neurologist will come and see me today.

Anne xx

LondonLass
Posted by

Good Luck , sounds like you are having a really tough time. I hope the Neurologist can give you a firm diagnosis, so you can finally get the help and support you need. 

Please let us know how you get on. Sending you....

Wish I could give you a real hug! Xxxxx