Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Worried.

tians97
Posted by

I’m 21 

I’ve always had small breast. The other day I noticed that my left breast is bigger/heavier than my right. I’ve been feeling around my breast recently and my left one I’m feeling something hard. I went to my GP they said everything is fine but I’m not sure, they examined my breast and didn’t feel anything. 

I mostly feel this lump when I stretch my arm up.

noswad1
Posted by

Hi , if you are worried, that is a good enough reason to go back to the GP and ask to be referred to the breast clinic. See a different GP at the surgery if necessary. If that fails, there is a charity that provides private mammograms at a reduced cost (about £30). Please do not just do nothing. It's probably fine but getting it checked out again will set your mind at rest. I will find the information about the charity in the meantime. Good luck!!! 

noswad1
Where there's hope, there's life!
tians97
Posted by

Thank you for answering to me.

i have a GP appointment again on Tuesday and I’m gonna discuss everything, I made it with a more experienced doctor. 

noswad1
Posted by

That's great news, , let us know how you get on.

noswad1
noswad1
Posted by

Hi again, - I hadn't realised that the charity I was talking about is only in East Kent and also only for ladies over 40 but here is a link to it anyway in case it interests anyone else. I'll start a new thread for it also. http://www.ekubs.org.uk/

noswad1
tians97
Posted by

Hey. 

I had my GP appointment and the nurse said she feels some lumpy ness but it doesn’t feel ‘worrying’ but if it gets prominence or I am still worried I should go back for another examination  which just made me feel more worse. 

I’m making another appointment to be asked if I can get transferred to a hospital. 

Northerner
Posted by

Hi tians97

My story is on my profile if you want to read it .

I'm sorry you have not yet had the reassurance you need .Go back and ask to be referred to a breast clinic .Its your body and you need to feel reassured and if that means breast clinic assessment then go for it .in the meantime you are in the right place on this forum for the support you need .

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
TheScriptFan
Posted by

i can't see why they can't just refer you. Have you thought of asking for an appointment with the nurse rather than a doctor. My daughter found a lump just after i was diagnosed. The surgery nurse referred her on the "2 weeks to cancer" she called it. It doesn't mean you have cancer but it gets you seen quicker. She got an appointment within 10 days, went to the breast care clinic and was examined, had an ultra sound scan etc and was told it was nothing to worry about. 

The breast care nurse told her that even though it wasn't cancer she could contact the breast care clinic at any time if she had any worries or concerns and they would have her back. 

Don't know if its different in different areas but keep pushing it till you get an appointment just to have your mind put at rest xx

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

tians97
Posted by

Hey.

all my GP appointments have been with women. I’m trying to book another appointment so I can be transferred to the hospital. I’ve always had small breast so I never really noticed anything but my left breast is heavier than my right breast but my GP told me that’s normal. 

TheScriptFan
Posted by

it quite possibly is normal if that’s how they’ve always been, but if it’s a change I would want it checking out too.

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

tians97
Posted by

Thank you. You’re strong. 

Im trying to get another appointment with my GP because I need better reassurance. 

Thank you for replying back to me. 

tians97
Posted by

That’s the thing I’m not 100%. 

My breast have always been small and I never really noticed one being bigger than the other until recently I started looking in the mirror and my left breast felt more heavier and looked it, but nurses keep telling me it’s normal.