Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Inflammatory breast cancer

Happy thoughts
Posted by

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer and I'd like to speak to someone who has/had the same diagnosis. I'm feeling a bit alone and sorry for myself and would like to regain some of my usual optimism. Waiting for a ct scan prior to chemo. 

Happy thoughts
Silverberg
Posted by

Hello

I don't have inflammatory BC. But I noticed your post earlier and you haven't had a reply.

First, you're not alone, you have family and friends around you plus the BC nurses and Macmillan. I'm sure somebody will be along soon who can help with the treatments etc. 

This is going to be tough but we ladies are built with the capacity to cope with tough.

having any sort of BC is sometimes like being an alcoholic. You have to go day by day, setting small sometimes tiny targets, but you have to do it. After all nobody else is going to do it for you.

No question is stupid and always make sure you understand all the technical stuff. Now is not the time to smile and nod. Try to have someone with you for the big events cos they will keep listening when you stop.

Last thing is Google is very good for finding out how to make cheese scones but not cancer information. For that stick to Macmillan.

This is my second time with cancer and when I went into work colleagues were very good.One saying " we got through it last time,we can do it again" At the time I thought what part did you play, rather bitterly. Then the flowers arrive and the cards and biggest of all the quick text saying " How are you ,what you doing" and then I remembered, and I wasn't alone.

Silverberg
Happy thoughts
Posted by

Thanks for the response. It was extremely kind of you as I was thinking maybe there is no one out there. 

I do have a support structure around me, which I'm thankful for. I'm just scared and looking for a survive. Maybe they're all out partying

Happy thoughts
Daisydoo38
Posted by

Hi Happy.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello.  I also have IBC along with a lump.  I wont lie its been a tough journey but Im still here and doing all the things I was doing before.  Keep the chin up and just one step at a time.

In the words of Dory Just keep swimming xx

Daisy Doo
It is what it is.  You can't change it, so just have to get on with it.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Silverberg
Posted by

Hi happy

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Silverberg
ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hi 

Welcome. You are not alone...even in the wee small hours when your pals may be snoozing or partying...we are still here 

Actually the Awake thread is where you will find folk who are errr yep awake and although we are full of info and support, can lend a shoulder or a hug, we also can be very silly where appropriate and may well be partying!! Sooo...

Just for you

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

Silverberg
Posted by

So that means when I take off thesteristripl and gunk pours out I'll be fine?

Silverberg
Happy thoughts
Posted by

Hello! Thanks for getting in touch. I'm at the very start of this journey. Once I have all the test results in, we might have a better idea of what we're looking at. Don't know what to expect from chemo, opinions seem to be very varied, from "a bit tired" to "never ending pain, vomit, poo"!

Glad to know you're out there  

Happy thoughts
Ethelmay
Posted by

Hiyah, didnt realise there was an Awake thread  Im KC but good to know maybe someone is around for a natter late on, sometimes x

Ethelmay