Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

**JULY BREAST CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY CHAT**

Dreierlei
Posted by

Day 7 after chemo and I feel relieved, literally.

Had Senokot on my list, but not in my bag with medication. I tend to get constipated sometimes anyway, and I did, as expected. Only two small bowel movements during the week. Didn't feel too uncomfortable, but something had to happen. Came near a pharmacy only today.

So yesterday I tried several of the remedies I found online: Drinking lemon water before bed and in the morning. Had ginger tea, rhubarb compote and several tea spoons of olive oil. Also drank water several times during day and also night. In the morning two small movements, and then in town on the library loo: Presto.

I'm glad my taste is good and I like eating.

Scilly
Posted by

Hi,

Prunes, apricots & liquorice work. 

Never tried the library trick!

Scilly 

Londonmumof2
Posted by

Ohhhh! Rhubarb compote. Now I want some:)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
feemcg
Posted by

I was given a box of Laxido sachets with 1st chemo meds...used a couple last time and this time..but things were quite 'difficult' on Saturday...ok now thankfully...chocolate raisins might be doing the trick ;)

Dreierlei
Posted by

Ah, will keep that in mind. Love them.

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Ooh my fav subject 

Half a dozen prunes at breakfast but I adore licorice and I have just discovered licorice chocolate and it is DELICIOUS and ahem well its medicinal

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

Scilly
Posted by

I have Laxido and senacot,  but natural foods etc work far better and taste nicer.

Love chocolate raisins and like the sound of liquorice chocolate .

Scilly x

Rosie97
Posted by

Hello ladies, well I've had a very tough few days. Following first FEC last Wednesday, I had an awful reaction on the Friday morning and was taken to hospital. Beetroot red and hot though temp low, uncontrolled shaking and hyperventilation along with hallucinations. I went to the gp yesterday and begged for something to switch off the feeling of constant agitation and he gave me diazepam which has helped a bit.Its like the worst anxiety attack ever magnified by 100. Am I alone with this?

daisyjake
Posted by

Rosie, you are not alone in this.  My anxiety is off the scale, the shakes have been the worst thing, my whole body feels like it is turning itself inside out.  I described it to my Prof as ‘jangling’, he has given me lorazepam as I was on diazepam up to & after diagnosis.  You dissolve these under tongue so the effect of stopping the agitation and anxiety is a little more instant.  

I worried about taking what is pretty heavy duty but I only use when I need & it’s not forever.  If I am lying awake ‘jangling’ and agitated I then worry about not getting enough sleep so it’s a vicious circle! 

I hope you are feeling better today x 

Mad dog lady
Posted by

Daisyjake

Mine too!  Had to go back to the gp and get my Citilopram dose increased after seeing the oncologist.  Start Chemo this morning - mouth already swollen from cheek biting in my sleep, had to run to the loo twice and feel sick.  Surely the treatment shouldn't make you feel worse

Londonmumof2
Posted by

Posted on my "anti nausea chemo drugs' thread,  but this is why they are giving me the vitamin D ithink, and it's interesting!

vitamindwiki.com/Chemotherapy drugs often reduce Vitamin D levels, restoring levels helps– Aug 2018

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
Rosie97
Posted by

That's alarming! I was found to have no traceable vitamin d over a year ago! Now take daily supplement. 

daisyjake
Posted by

Let us know how you get on! 

feemcg
Posted by

Rubbish day...day 5 post 2nd chemo..been feeling not too bad at all, bit tired in the afternoons. Had my coffee, cereal, shower and popped up the back of the garden to pick up dog poo..bent over a couple of times and the ground started moving, shouted someone help me, someone help me..and woke up with neighbours and ambulance crew...and a big fat bleeding lip. I was so confused..couldn't tell them my name, where I was. Spent the afternoon in hospital...all observations normal..even my neutrophils back up to 8. I've never fainted before..and I never want to do it again!

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Hi  

It can be really scary ...especially when its a new experience and definitly if you are on your own.

Hope you are feeling better ...gentle hug

I was home alone when I collapsed etc etc... but this was the start of  investigations and in turn  treatment.

Glad you got help and your team are on it. It may take a while to 'get over' it if there weren't any signs you were particularly unwell as you may feel it could happen again at any time.

Take care

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )