Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Agreed 4 week Letrozole break - diary of findings

moomy
Posted by

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

As for lines, hubs had horrendous ones at his Grammar school;

’there is nothing so disturbing to a well regulated mind than to see a small boy who ought to know better, disporting himself at inopportune moments’

he said if you got 100 of those you knew about it!!!! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

By heck you certainly would know about those!  And what a waste of time doing lines was.  Much better to put them doing good works - cleaning out the ink wells or something.  Polishing the trophies.  . .etc

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

I quite agree! My school was rather different, if caught you had to report yourself to whichever member of staff the prefect chose, and you felt extremely small doing so! (Yes I did, once!) The worst punishment of all was to sit in the entrance hall outside the headmistresses office and know she had been informed. (No I didn’t!) So relatively short punishments. 

hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

Day14:

• Still getting flushes and sweats (but to be fair was having these before Letrozole!)
  • Foot drop - no improvement
  • Achilles pain and stiffness - no improvement.  Think it is a bit worse.
  • Walking with aid of rollator - can no longer go very far.  Walker has prevented falls though particular in hospital where super non slip floors play havoc with my dragging foot.  I have to try and remember to walk making sure i lift that foot quite high.  A bit like a clown walk!
  • Can only go upstairs if there are handrails both sides and can haul myself up.

I am now becoming certain that not Letrozole related.  But will stay off for another 14 days to be sure out of my system.  Bone scan after radiotherapy (team does not think there will be any issues but cannot refer me to a neurologist until secondaries have been ruled out.)

A bit down as cannot really go outside much anywhere.  Went to Tesco yesterday and balanced basket on Walker but really struggled to get round shop and back to car.  Luckily driving is not a problem now i have changed my car to an automatic.

Will let you know if any improvements  . . . .

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Dear AnnJac,

I'm gutted there are no improvements, I really wish there were! 

Thinking of you

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

, so sorry you are struggling so much and it appears to be getting worse, and that you have to do these journeys alone. Big hugs xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

WhatHappened
Posted by

Owww dearest

This is so unfair, I can't see why they can't send you to Neurologist or at least start the ball rolling with getting an appointment, this way you are 'in the queue' so to speak.  There are so many things this could be from minor to serious, I think the quicker this is looked into the better for you. 

I think this journal on here is very good, as you can look back to symptoms etc.

Thinking of you and sending gently hugs and very best wishes xxx