Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

**JUNE BREAST CANCER RADIOTHERAPY CHAT**

AnnJac
Posted by

That is late!  There were a few people there earlier who looked as though they needed more time which probably delayed things.  And a few newbies like me - and longer the first few times.  Let's hope not so late tomorrow.  

Any news on the Sophie front? Xx

Anne xx

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, just popping in to say hello and keep going! so pleased that you have started at last, you have had to wait so long but now it will hopefully fly by! 

I'm wondering if you're drinking enough? I drank a ridiculous amount of water during rads as I was worried about dehydration, it was touch and go with some of the journeys in terms of getting to the loo as a result (sorry if TMI!!) but I think it helped. I tried to get there early to have a cuppa first in the cafe, and also had a big water bottle with me. But no harm to mention it to the rads team, best to let them know, especially if it happens again. 

Good luck to everybody currently in the rads club! Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Daisydoo38
Posted by

I'd try increasing drinks during the day, the heat of the rt maybe causing the headache along.with a bit of stress.  I was given anti sickness to take before mine.  They said that sometimes it can cause nausea if they are near the stomach but I have a huge field they are zapping.

Find out on friday if I am having an extra week.  From everything they have said I think the answer will be no and I will finish on Friday!  The 3 weeks has gone very quickly 

Got a few little blisters appearing and one little split underneath but very surprised how well it has all held up.

Daisy Doo
It is what it is.  You can't change it, so just have to get on with it.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Beachwalker19
Posted by

Did it happengoing today? Hope you are feeling ok! I haven’t experienced that. At least we are 6 down now.

Please let us know how you are getting on x x

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Hiya  sorry didn’t reply yesterday we’ve had a busy few days. A little lady arrived yesterday morning. 

Meet my granddaughter Bonnie 

I am so emotional right now it’s unbelievable.

Hope everyone’s radiotherapy going ok nearly half way there 

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars   "The Script"

NiceCuppa
Posted by

, oh my goodness.  Your new granddaughter is gorgeous. Congratulations! 

I have finished my radiotherapy today! 19 in total. Feel a bit emotional.

AnnJac
Posted by

- she is smiling with her Nana cuddles.  Beautiful.  More pics when we meet for cuppa on Monday?  But do understand if your times change and you can't make it.  Xxx

Anne xx

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Well done on finishing your radiotherapy, did you ring the bell?? You have every right to be emotional. 

So far still all good for Monday, more photos?? we might be still there Tuesday lol 

Was lovely seeing you yesterday morning and being able to share my news with you face to face.

NiceCuppa
Posted by

, no bell to ring at either of the hospitals I go to. I walked out feeling very odd that it was finished and nervous about starting new meds next week. A bell to ring would have been a nice way of saying i had done it!!

It's been a very horridl week full of physical and emotional pain with various issues flaring up as a result of my lymph nodes no longer being present so hope this is the last of the issues I have and life can become a bit brigtherx

Mrs50
Posted by

Congratulations she is beautiful!

Lovely photo

S

x

Sajmo
Posted by

Here is a bell for you xx

I started Tamoxifen on Monday, all seems OK so far! 8/15 radiotherapy sessions down too! 

Beachwalker19
Posted by

O Gosh, she’s a beauty ,

Massive Congratulations to you all. I did wonder if she’d arrived, so happy for you.

Welcome to the world Bonnie x x

Daisydoo38
Posted by

Congratulations   glad she arrived safely.  Enjoy all those cuddles 

On a RT note, I've finished my mammoth sessions and now have most of my days back now.  I'm back to just chemo once a week.  My skin is surprisingly not too bad considering.  Got 1 little split which they are keeping an eye on, lots of funny spots (looks like sweat/heat rash) and one extremely red boobie! 

Did anyone get sore armpits from RT?  Mine doesn't hurt but seems very irritated and is uncomfortable  (it's like extreme shaving rash)  

Anyone have any secret tips to help it or my skin to help it heal!  Desperate to stop it splitting or peeling so chemo isn't postponed!!!

Good luck to everyone that is back at it this week. X

Daisy Doo
It is what it is.  You can't change it, so just have to get on with it.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
TheScriptFan
Posted by

Thank you everyone for your congratulations on Bonnies birth, its a bit tricky because she lives 44 miles away and because of me having to be at hospital for radiotherapy every afternoon it's tricky to get through and i miss her and her mum so much. Been a bit of a hard weekend for me, missing them and my sister telling me how selfish i've been while ive been ill not considering them and do i know what they've been through. Angry and very sad but how can you explain to someone who doesn't understand.

Well done on finishing your RT sessions, didn't the hospital give you anything for the little split you have?? At my hospital we have a nurse who to can see before or after your session and who will prescribe creams if it looks like you have any sores before they start. Maybe worth ringing and asking if they can write you a prescription for something. Failing that maybe they will recommend something. You could also try Ask a nurse although it can take up to 2 days to get a reply.

I get the sore armpit you describe but i thought it was from when i've had my lymph nodes removed and reconstruction done, maybe it is irritation from the RT

Good Luck with the rest of your chemotherapy hope times passes quickly and the SEs are kind xxx

AnnJac
Posted by

Oh the - you are certainly not selfish!  And I'm sure that your daughter understands.  Holiday as soon as RT over and you will then be so close for a week.  It's hard not being near - my grandson is 80 miles away.  

Didn't know that there was a nurse you could see at RT.  Maybe I wasn't listening at that point!  My skin fine so far but only had 3 sessions.  Sat in bed at mo smothered in 24hr E45!   When i wake in the night I put more on lol.  And then Aveeno immediately after RT before I get dressed again.  Don't want my scars or skin graft to break down.  Dressings clinics have seen eniugh of me!  

Good luck to everyone being zapped this week.  Keep going - nearly there  . . . .

Anne xx