Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

new patient

lousia2000
Posted by

Hi every one 

I'm lou and in a few days I'm going to have a mastectomy

Just wanted to introduce 

Thanks for always supporting

Leolady56
Posted by

Well bugger and bum you find yourself here 

And hooray that you do

There is always going to be a someone here that will get it and hold your hand

why do I know this?

Because 18 months ago they did for me

Now .... big deep breaths and big girls pants - Bridget Jones style - and in no time you’ll be where I am 

I’m in Spain yeah a holiday 

Holiday who thought back then I’d be having one of those

Leolady56 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

AnnJac
Posted by

welcome from me too.  This site is a great help to us all.

And - i just love your turns of phrase.  Never fails to make me smile.  Do look after yourself as well xx

Anne xx

Bustysusy
Posted by

As leolady said,  its bugger.  Lots of us have finished treatment but stay because of the friends (commonly known as fruit loops ) we've made. I had my MX almost 5 yrs ago and what an adventure I've had. Currently planning a return trip to new Zealand and Australia in January/February 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
lousia2000
Posted by

I love macmillan and my friends here 

Happy that things are well with you

lousia2000
Posted by

Yesss it is thank you so much good to be here

lousia2000
Posted by

Good for you being on holiday I hope that I can have the chance to go to san diego maybe in sep. To be in lainehardy's concert 

Thanks for your support and kind words which means alot to me

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Hello welcome to the community none of us ever thought we'd be a member of, but the best community i know of.

I had a mastectomy 7 weeks ago tomorrow, i cut the grass yesterday :O) i never thought i'd enjoy cutting the grass so much. 

Good Luck with the mastectomy and anything you want to know don't hesitate to ask. 

One thing i would say is take in some cartons of juice or a bottle of squash, after surgery the water tastes manky lol and maybe a packet of biscuits in case you get peckish.

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"