Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Herceptin and heart damag

Lottie8
Posted by

I have Grade 2 Her2+ lobular cancer. I have had a mastectomy,12 weekly doses of Taxol followed by 15 infusions of Herceptin.

Before I started Herceptin I was ‘borderline’ and I trundled on till it was stopped at 15 because the vef had gone down.

I had a final echo three months after Herceptin stopped and I have just had the result.......the percentage was 35 %....apparently better than the previous one !

I am already taking Ramipril.

I really need to hear from anyone who has stopped Herceptin and whose heart has mended.

I would also like to know how to make this print bigger !

Thank you so much.

lesleyhelen
Posted by

Hi

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but am bumping your post up just in case there is anyone around now who can.

Kindest wishes,

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?