Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

January 2019 Art club

Amalie
Posted by

Hi everyone

I have had this idea for a new thread, not sure how much interest there will be and only one way to find out!

Anyone fancy joining an art club?

I thought we could have a subject each month, take it in turns to choose. Then anyone who wants to can draw, sketch or paint their picture and we can all share our creations.  You can interpret it how you like: black & white, colour, abstract, cartoon...  no rules.

Im not a great artist but I do enjoy the process of drawing and colouring in. It’s quite therapeutic for me but for ages now I haven’t picked up my sketch pad. I need a bit more impetus and thought this might help.

So, for January the theme is leaves. Or a leaf. Dead or alive, indoors or outdoors. I commit to producing something and posting it up on here before the end of the month. I hope some of you do the same!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

What a great idea! Can I pop one on? 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

One of my efforts doing ‘mindfulness’ colouring way back in 2016

hugs xxx

Moomy

Leolady56
Posted by

Lovely idea. I’ll probably add quilting or photography

We did have a Craft and BC thread / chat but that drifted away 

There ae go one I took in Autumn 

What is a Community Champion? How to add to you profile Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Amalie
Posted by

Good idea Leolady, any medium welcomed! This is a lovely pic. The walking thread has made me much more observant when I am out and about and it’s good to notice something to snap and share.

Moomy I love your leaf! There is something about colouring in...

Yesterday I got out my sketch pad and pencils, which is good progress for me.

Amalie xx

Violetsniff
Posted by

Fab-u-loso Idea,...well done...love it....and yes...there IS something about colouring in...love it xxxxooooo!!excited!!xxxxlovely pics already!!

”The Bluebells Are Coming”

Violetsniff
Posted by

Well,....You MIGHT think this is cheating a little bit.........I HOPE not...but I have been searching for a relevant leaf picture,or piece of art.Well,At Christmas I decoupaged this old diary ...and made it into a story book which my darling great neice and I wrote a few stories in.My ideas will probably not be to everyone’s taste ,so was a bit unsure whether to add on to your thread...However....here is ...a Decoupaged Frog Prince On A Waterlily (grass-y)Leaf!!!!xxx(plus roses and leaves )

oh dear...does it count???Xxx

taralou
Posted by

Love this . It has made me think about getting back on the Crafts and BC site.

It's so good when we have these skills to take our mind off the awful treatments etc.

xxxxx

Love Edwina xx

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......

Violetsniff
Posted by

Thankyou ...and I just LOVE your persian dream blanket on Crafts and BC!!!I want it now!!

oh dear...calm down.

....as  says...it is just so therapeutic xxx

Amalie
Posted by

I did a picture!

Not much but I enjoyed it and hopefully you can tell what it is...

I picked up some nice oak leaves also and will try to do one of those this month.

Amalie xx

Sunny43
Posted by

Great idea. I haven’t picked up my sketch pad in a very long time - back in the early 90’s x

stoatlord
Posted by

I have no skill with pen and pad myself, but I'd love to be part of this as an observer, if that is OK!

Amalie
Posted by

Hi Stoatlord, welcome!

When I started this thread I was ambitious about doing more drawing, however I have only managed the one so far, a couple of weeks ago!

Also there is a pile of leaves on the dining table which I won’t let OH dispose of ‘because I’m going to draw them’  

I should have another go this weekend.

Amalie xx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi All,

I’m not artistic, I can’t draw.  

I see photography as a type of art. I love photography, I am by no means a photographer I just like to take photos so if allowed, I like to post a few. 

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Just to remind us Spring is on the way x