Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

**** October Breast Cancer Chemo Thread ****

Leolady56
Posted by

and if you have room

and some hugs to you

Leolady56

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

ali owl
Posted by

Maggie-Gaudigirl  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  XXX

Love and hugs Ali xxxxx 

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

ali owl
Posted by

TheScriptFan hope your ok xxxx I'm tired cos can't sleep with steroids but been to work xxxx 

Hope all my chemo buddy's are well xxxx 

Love and hugs to you all xxxxx 

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!! 

I’m having a very peaceful day here. The kids have brought me some wonderful pressises and I got a lovely cashmere blanket from the family, which will be nice when it gets cold! Bring on the winter!! 

We had a delicious Indian takeaway for lunch, my favourite! And some friends are coming round for tea, I might go out for a walk then, it’s a nice sunny day here. 

But generally I’ve spent most of my time sleeping, the kids can’t believe how easily I can fall asleep, the steroids don’t seem to have the effect everyone else seems to be getting! 

Thanks again everyone!! I’d invite you alll round if I could!! 

Maggie B xx
Kathryn123
Posted by

Hi Ladies 

Sorry haven't been on for a while. 

Had my 2nd FEC 8 days ago and have been so wiped out by it. Thankfully no sickness as they gave me IV anti sickness this time because of how sick I was on 1st. 

But fatigue is unbelievable, I never imagined it would be this bad. 

Yesterday I was on day 7 and still feel so ill so phoned velindre hospital (which is my cancer hospital) and spoke to sister on treatment line and she got in touch with my GP and got me an appointment. 

Turns out I've got a chest infection, so now on antibiotics and steroids. 

Hope you are all well everyone. 

Love to you all 

Kath xxx 

TheScriptFan
Posted by

I'm good thanks except i have developed twitches in my eyelids, feel like i'm constantly winking

Sorry to hear you've not had it easy seems a few of us have been wiped out this time, lets hope our next lot will be easier for us all. 

Good job we're all tough cookies xx

If its hurting right now, it's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars   "The Script"

Betty Mango
Posted by

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while - I've been working through the Docetaxel and Herceptin side effects from my second treatment. But I have been reading everyone's posts.  Here's what the SEs have been for me so far with this cycle - cos I know you're all interested lol.  Apart from a red face, the side effects didn't really kick in till day 3 sense of taste, and then day 5 when I felt really weak, fatigued, achy bones and muscles, sore mouth and bowels playing up.  By day 6 I felt like I'd also been run over by a bus, with some blood in nose and my lower eye lashes are getting quite thin now.  By day 7 I'd developed oral thrush like last time, so started the medication I had ready for that, and mysterious cough and sneezes.  Day 8 I realised I had got a cold and I was actually fighting it off, which is amazing because I thought I'd be in A&E if I caught a cold.  Day 9 (today), I've shaken off all the SEs except the oral thrush (which is a lot better now), the dodgy bowels, slight blood in nose, and primarily the cold and cough.  I spoke to my chemo head nurse today who said its always a difficult call whether to go into hospital or not when you have a cold, but that I should come in to be checked if I get a temperature or feel ill.  Last of my 7 white blood cell building injections tonight though yay!

So much going on with everyone  

Happy Birthday!! 

congrats on getting to your last chemo, and fingers crossed for easy side effects.

so sorry to hear you've picked up an infection.  Hope you get past that extra hurdle as fast as possible.

I hope you're OK? Last time you posted I think you were ill in a caravan a long way from your normal hospital. Worried about you. 

welcome to the roller coaster! How did the first chemo go? 

and - how're you doing now?  I hope the vomiting has stopped?

how's it going so far on the docetaxel?

welcome to you too.  I know it's nerve wracking waiting for the chemo and those SEs to start.  Good luck for Tuesday.

glad the first taxol went in OK.  Fingers crossed for minimal SEs.

, , , , and everyone else I've forgotten hope it's going as well as it can and thankyou for being there 

love and hugs

Betty xxx

couttleberry
Posted by

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time Betty and thanks for asking. Went ok. Had to abandon the cooling cap after 35 mins. Found the headache too awful. Feeling a bit sicky  right now and peeing pink like a goodun.

Couttleberry
Leolady56
Posted by

Oh 

Ok poop award to you then. I’ll send the badge tomorrow on my phone now so no awards allowed

Yup always one hell of a call when the poop  hits. I called my issues in this week ( remember I finished chemo in May ). I got a jolly ride in an ambulance and 5 hrs of tests. Ewww and more meds that give me the trots . Always love that description . Stilllllll - apparently at my regular echocardiogram today, I got a top notch check. 40 mins of jel rubbed over me not 20 mins. Mmmm. Told yes you’ve had pericarditis ( no shhhh Sherlock ) and your heart function is down but not too much. 

Breathe ladies breathe . Tomorrow is another day

As Toxophilite would say ‘ cancer the gift that keeps on giving ‘ 

So bedtime ... 

Hugs of a gentle nature to you all. Positive thoughts

Or ffffffffffff this

Leolady56

AnnJac
Posted by

Have a good weekend everyone.  And for those of us on the steroids here's hoping for a smidgen of sleep.  It is so hard to cope with this disease when so sleeo deprived. Although menu planning for the week ahead is going quite well . . .  .

Anne xx
Tigermum
Posted by

Thanks for your concern folks. Sore throat was no better today although temp was still normal.  But I spoke to my chemo team who told me to go to the James Page Hosp to get some blood work done. Spent 3 hrs there as my temp spiked to 37.7 so they wanted to keep me in. BUT I told them if I had to be in hospital I would rather do it at home. So they gave me a massive antibiotic dose. For some reason my BP then plummeted so I then had to have some saline to try and bring it up enough! Once released we went back to our van, packed up, drove home and I am currently sat in Colchester A&E waiting for a decision on whether they are going to find me a bed! However they are having real issues getting blood out of me! 

So a weekend away was cancelled and we will have to wait and see if there's any other knock on effects.  

Sandie

When life gives you rain - play in the puddles.

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Sorry to hear that, but much rather you be in hospital safe I left it far too long before I rung and went in will know better next time. Hopefully they’ll have you sorted in no time. 

Take care big hugs xxx 

If its hurting right now, it's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars   "The Script"

Leolady56
Posted by

Bleep bleep bleep

Gentle hugs

Your own bed is great but .... sometimes Hotel NHS is better

Leolady56

Tigermum
Posted by

arrived at A&E at 8.30. Took some bloods but vein blew. Took until 2.20 to get a doctor who finally put canula in foot! I have so many bruises down my arm where they tried! Got to have chest xray. Had another lot of antibiotics.  Just waiting to see if they are going to keep me in. 

Now I am knackered!

Sandie

When life gives you rain - play in the puddles.

Bluebell22
Posted by

Thanks Betty Mango so far, so good on se's.  Think anything would feel better after last weekend and the pain of the blood clot/lung infection!  Only thing I'm dreading is the 2 injections into stomach starting Monday for 5 days.  I've got my blood thinner ones for the next 6 months and then still got to have my Filsagrim for 5 days.

Tigermum - hope they sorted you at the hospital and you're feeling better.