Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

**** October Breast Cancer Chemo Thread ****

Leolady56
Posted by

A gentle welcome to all of you, whether you are starting or continuing your chemo this month.

The chemo thread is a great place to help support and advise each other during your sessions. It probably has one of the highest number of posts on the site each month, and certainly has a high level of unconditional support.

You can use the 'Save In My Favourites' button just to the right to put this discussion on your profile page for easier access.

Lots of helpful tips for getting through chemo from those who've been there can be found clicking here: Chemo Tips

If you found something helped you during chemotherapy, do reply to the blog and add it to the list.

Link to the September Thread

Wishing everyone minimal side effects, positive thoughts and hugs from

Leolady56 and all at Maccy

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

earwig o
Posted by

Hiya, i'm still here and will make the November one, seems never ending at the moment.

Angela x

“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield

ali owl
Posted by

Leolady thank you  im still here will be for November and December  boooooo 

love Ali Xxxxxx hope all my chemo buddy's are ok xx 

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

AnnJac
Posted by

Hi everyone

I'm here for October (and November and December sigh).

See the oncologist on Thursday to confirm the forward plan which was 3 EC and then 3 Docetaxel.  3rd EC is Friday.  He had said if tumour was responding well to EC then would stick with that.  Fingers crossed but have to say the tumour doesn't feel any smaller to me at moment.  First EC was tough but this 2nd one hasn't been so bad once constipation sorted out.  

Good luck to all october chemo victims and hope we all have as few SEs as possible . . . .

Anne xx
Weeblemum
Posted by

I'm back for October, November and as many other months as possible  - hoping for minimal hospital contact this time, although I'm not entirely hopeful that I'll avoid it altogether! 

If it happens again after this cycle, we'll need to reduce the dose again and hope for the best... 

Hugs to everyone joining or still on the chemo train - may the side effects be minimal for everyone! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Kathryn123
Posted by

Hi guys 

I am here for the duration as well. 

Will be having chemo until January. 

Am having my second FEC on Thursday. 

Am not looking forward too it at all.

Hope everyone is coping as well as they can and had a nice weekend. 

Love to you all. 

Kath xxx

Bluebell22
Posted by

I've got my last chemo on Friday 5th Octobet!! On Wednesday I had the results of an MRI I had the previous week and the chemo worked - no more tumour!! I had 4 x Docetaxel and I will be having my 4th FEC on Fridsy.

I have got my op coming up on 7th Nov (slightly bigger op than I was expecting) but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For all of you starting your chemo journey or are still on it, have faith, it does work!!

Weeblemum
Posted by

Whoop , that's great news, and worthy of celebratory fireworks even though you haven't finished treatment yet! 

Best wishes

Cathy

x

Jo36
Posted by

I’m in for October and November. I have last EC this Tuesday and then move on to 3 docetaxol. Lots of side effects but nothing too bad - mouth ulcers have been the worst. Now my hair has gone from TinTin to mange - look like I need a trip to the vet! Tastebuds also dodgy and I can’t taste much unless it’s got lots of chilli or curry in it. 

Hope all fellow travellers are well.

Jo

xx

Jo 36

Bluebell22
Posted by

Thankyou Weeblemum (Cathy) x

Helen K
Posted by

Hello all,

i start 3 EC nd 3 Docetaxel on the 10th Oct so I guess i’m here for a while! Already been reading the sept posts which have been a great help in preparing. Here we go.........

staying positive . Helen x
Leolady56
Posted by

hi lovely lady keep that humour going they t can’t take that away. In fact for me this poop has made me turn so much to it 

hi so you have been lurking in the wings. Well a warm welcome to the club we all hope no one would need to join

You'll find so much support here whether you read or post 

Gentle hugs

Leolady56

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Lucy-B
Posted by

Hi Helen K good luck with chemo I hope side effects are minimal for you. Keep posting and let us know how you get on. I finished mine 3 weeks ago...i had 3 x FEC and 3 x T. Best advice I can give you right now is take each day as it comes, listen to your body and drink plenty of water. Good luck with it....you've got this!!!! Xx

Dizzy17
Posted by

Thanks

Hi everyone,

How's everybody doing? Little quiet on here.

Hope the weekend been ok.

Well friday fingers crossed after bloods tomorrow will be my last chemo, so in for october month. Picc line comes out friday to!.

Nervous but good that this part done with. 

Had a sore throat and sniffles but shook that off.

Had a fantastic time in Isle of Wight, beautiful walks on beaches, clean fresh air feel like the old 'me'.

Love n hugs

Coll xxxx

Xxxx

Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

I’m here too, and will be until February!

I'm in my third cycle of EC it’s not been easy, I went for a walk yesterday and found it was like wading through sand, water would have been easier, didn’t get very far. My legs felt so heavy. I don’t know if it’s that I need more red blood cells but I feel so weak. 

I don’t have a temperature, so don’t feel I can go into the hospital as fatigue is one of the SE. maybe this is normal? Has anyone found the same SE ? 

It’s  a beautiful sunny day here, wish I could go for a walk! 

Maggie B xx