Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Our wonderful Wigs.

TheScriptFan
Posted by

When i was first told i would need chemotherapy the first thing i worried about was losing my hair.I didn't want a wig because i thought you would be able to tell that it was a wig, then a few of the lovely ladies showed me photographs of themselves in theirs and they looked amazing, would never have guessed they were wearing a wig and because of that i went out and bought 2 and absolutely love them.

So i thought i'd start a post for us beautiful ladies to show off our wigs (if we want to) in the hope it might help someone starting on their chemo journey. And let them see how beautiful we are with our New Hair.

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

Mandz1001
Posted by

You look beautiful, definitely can not tell it’s a wig,

I’m a shaver but have a wig,  here’s mine xx

Wigglewoo
Posted by

You both look beautiful! 

I got 2 very different looks! 

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Love it, i have another similar length to yours but need a fringe cutting into it.

beautiful, i have the same a short one and a longer one but not quite as long as yours, do you find you get really hot with the longer one??

Leolady56
Posted by

Sultry and sexy

Taking charge and rocking scarf

Wig me

Hair me now

May until now

THE JOURNEY ....... pewk. Hate that phrase

Gosh that's me on the naughty step again

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

I would love to post photos but it won’t work !

Maggie B xx
TheScriptFan
Posted by

if you open your photos in a separate browser just drag it across into the box you type your post in :O)

Ruby Rose
Posted by

Hi All , love my wig and just to be different , I kept my hair through chemo , a bit flat , but now treatment over it is a bit thin , using face powder to hide my shiny head , heading to Dundee tomorrow for a girly shop with my friend and I think I will wear it . It’s callled power dressing !!! It’s supposed to rain and my thin hair would just be like a comb over in the damp ! 

Hope your all having some fun times - we deserve them , !

Ruby Rose x 

My face looks better when I smile - so smile it is ! 

Leolady56
Posted by

Equally

Save your photos and pics and whatever into a folder in downloads. Mine is called Maccy

DOH really LL56

Then:

1. Go to Insert on the bar at the top here

2. Insert image/video and click

3. Click From on File Upload

4. Click File Upload 

5. Click on Browse and chose your file

6. Click on the file where you saved pic

7 . Click on the pic from your file - equally if you remember the name of the file type it in

8. Pic or a jpeg will appear

9. Click Ok

Now it take seconds when you've got it

5 seconds

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

That’s what I’m doing, but it’s not working! I don’t know what’s wrong ?? 

Maggie B xx
Ruby Rose
Posted by

On my iPhone - click picture on the top bar , then photo library ,then all photos then choose your photo by clicking on it . 

Doesn’t  always work , sometime I have to log out then back in . 

Good luck x 

My face looks better when I smile - so smile it is ! 

Wigglewoo
Posted by

TheScriptFan I did get a bit warm but as it’s getting cooler it should help keep me warm, got chemo right up until November. It’s very similar in length to my old hair which I dyed pink before I started chemo! 

LeoLady I think so, I feel very glam in my long one. You are totally rocking the scarf, the wig and the natural look! X

Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

I haven’t tried that! I will this afternoon! 

Maggie B xx
Wasfit@50
Posted by

Loving all your what I call "new hair".....I now know what you all mean by embracing it and not clutching on to the inevitable.

The first is the day after my 2nd treatment and used cold cap, the latter is this week, don't think I'm gunna bother with the cold cap.again as I love my " new hair" to the point when out with my work collegues yesterday one actually thought I'd just had a revamp of my old style xx

Julie 
x
Maggie-Gaudigirl
Posted by

iThis is me and believe it or not they are two different wigs!! the first one cost more than 3 times the second, which i bought online. I prefer the second!

At last I can post images, it means using the main computer where its too hot, but Its done!

thanks for all the help, still felling good, though i did allow myself a nap today.

love to all!

Maggie

Maggie B xx