Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

**** July Breast Cancer Chemo Club ****

Betty Mango
Posted by

Yes good luck for today and  for tomorrow

was yours yesterday? How did it go, and has the PICC line settled down?

I think your second dose today? Good luck! I would have had my second dose today but low white bloods so deferred a week.

Who knows how long your scalp stays sore for? A lot of my hair has fallen out and I’ve had it cut short now, but my scalp is really sore.  Would it be less sore if I shaved the rest off? 

Betty x

Rose2018
Posted by

Hi Betty, It went really well, wasn’t scary at all and very quick. I’m feeling slightly nauseous but not too bad. The picc is definitely better now I’ve had it cleaned :) 

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

Good luck for today. I hope that everything goes smoothly and the SE are minimal xx

Thank you. I wouldn't be anywhere near prepared if it wasn't for the wonderful ladies here so a very big HUG to everyone and thank you all xx

Cooling spray is a very good idea, thank you. No doubt I'll be on here before then but just in case my brain goes awol - Good luck for next week, I hope it all goes well xx

Good luck to anyone else who are having any treatment or procedures done. And hugs to all who need them xoxo

I'd honestly be lost without this forum, it's a real godsend.

Much love, Frankie xxx

I have breast cancer but I refuse to let it define me.

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

Thank you Betty. I'm sorry that yours has been postponed and that you're going through some discomfort. I hope it gets sorted out soon xx

Much love, Frankie xxx

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

(I've tagged you as you put up the link)

Just wanted to say that the chemo tips blog is being updated (according to the link) and I was wondering if anyone knows an eta of when this was going to up again. I know there are other posts with helpful tips and advice but I'm a little concerned that they may be missed by anyone who's new to this forum or anyone (like me) who are still getting used to navigating their way around.

Much love, Frankie xxx

Dreamthief
Posted by

Hi

I asked admin about this for you - The tech guys are still working on smoothing out some of the bugs and blogs will be back up and running as soon as they have finished

G n' J

Leolady56
Posted by

Sorry I missed your post I was out having an echocardiogram.

But I saw dreamthief had been a star

Leolady56

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

earwig o
Posted by

1 down and 5 to go!!

All went in two attempts to get the cannula in then over an hour to slowly push the Epirubicin in...but in it went  then the last two were very quick. A positive experience and fabulous nurses. 

Tried a private message earlier but it wouldn't send

Hope radiotherapy was a good experience

“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield

maggiemee
Posted by

Hi Betty Mango,

Hair wise it might be better to leave it be, Ihad a sore scalp until my hair fell out, it was really uncomfortable. The only problem cutting your hair shorter (I shaved mine) is that it might make those tiny hairs that are left feel like pins, that’s what happened to me and I couldn’t sleep at night for the discomfort. 

I’m having similar problems with wbc, fortunately my oncologist has (finally) prescribed weekly jabs of Filgastrim which should mean no more missed therapies! Fingers crossed

Maybe you could ask about the possibility of doing the same depending on how many therapies you have to have? I’m getting impatient, it’s been 6 months and I still haven’t finished! I just want to get the therapies finished now, no more hanging about, I’ve got the rest of my life to get on with... : )

All the best for your therapies ladies, long live the PIC line, mines been a godsend, I hope yours is Ok now Frances Duckie!! x

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

Thank you

Much love, Frankie xxx

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

That's okay I hope it went well x

Much love, Frankie xxx

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

Sorry for the multiple posts, all I'm seeing is grey lines again so I'm having to log in and out to see & answer them (memory seems to have left me and I haven't even started chemo yet so can't blame chemo fog!)

I'm glad that it was a positive experience for you today and I hope it continues xx

it's fine now thank you Maggie. I've realised that the pointy bit if the clamp was digging into my arm but with a little tweak all is good.

Good luck to anyone who has treatment tomorrow, I'll see you on the other side xoxo

Much love, Frankie xxx

ali owl
Posted by

Aww well done earwig o love your attitude  xxxxx best wishes Ali xxxxx 

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

bearhugs1984
Posted by

Hi all,

I'm due to have my 2nd chemo on Tuesday but I have thrombophlebitis from my first chemo which is still quite sore.

Has anyone else had this? 

Kathryn xxx

Much love, Kathryn xxx

Frankies_Ducky
Posted by

Hi,

1st one done and I feel pretty good so far. I went into work this afternoon as normal (well I was a little late and I'm still here for another hour) but I am taking it easy and not whizzing around like Usain Bolt (my normal speed).

I can't remember who else was having treatment today (I can blame chemo brain now, yay!) But I hope it all went well and that the SE are minimal for us all xx

Much love, Frankie xxx