We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Thought for the Day..

Northerner
Posted by

Margaret x

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
xoxox
Margaret
Northerner
Posted by

Margaret x

xoxox
Margaret
jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith  xxx

jmp
Posted by

Difficult Little Episode:

Hi Everyone,    and Everyone else

well that was worrying! And all happened in the space of a month!!

Friday 12/06/20: Admitted to County Hospital:Critical intake/ Admissions with breathing difficulties: oxygen>  
Subsequently I had a Theraputic-pleural-aspiration / drain and also a drain in the Pericardium which were left in a few days. I felt pretty unwell all of last week and was on oxygen most of the time. 
Today, I am ready to return home again, as have been on the Acute Ward for the last week or so, and managing well without oxygen. 
So, inpatient appointment in fortnight for lung/heart checks. Hospital OT ( Paliative) absolutely brilliant. Hospital staff all outstanding!!

Breakfast in a while, Transport home today ( certain) time not

So, another of my thoughts of the Day, in fact a summary... 

Judith xxx

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning Judith  / 

Worrying is a bit of an understatement - Pleased to read you have got an escape plan in progress and you presumably had a negative Covid test ?

and we seem to have gained a Superhero.....

Enjoy that breakfast JMP 

Hugs, G n' J

lesleyhelen
Posted by

Oh Judith - what a sad post to read, but brightened at the end to see that you are going home.

And like says - hopefully Covid free?

Thinking of you and take care of yourself 

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?

Northerner
Posted by

Oh! / Judith 

how worrying thank goodness you are resilient and hopefully on your way home with a Covid free result .

look after yourself 

take care

margaret x

xoxox
Margaret
puzzler
Posted by

how scary . best wishes , take care

moomy
Posted by

Oh Judith/, a very scary time, hope you’re truly on the mend and Covid free?

sending hugs xxx

Moomy

Kwissy
Posted by

HI jmp / Little Miss Resilience,

Pleased to hear that you are able to escape hotel nhs today . What a journey you are having. Take care and rest as much as possible-hospitals are definitely not the most restful places. But seem to have sorted things for you, which is brilliant.Much love and gentle hugs Kwissy

jmp
Posted by

Back to fairly normal  from one of life’s little challenges, I returned home in a “fast ambulance “ yesterday afternoon with scenic views of a packed Brighton Beach en route home !

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes !! The hospital is very conscious of Covid-19 and keeping to Green/ Amber/ Red awards. All inpatient are swabbed. All staff whatever level wear a level of PPE protection appropriate for their role.

Visitors book in times, to avoid high numbers of people in concentrated space areas, and are required to wash hands, wear paper masks ( and disposable aprons if required). I was in a Green Ward. Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Brighton  

jmp
Posted by

Brighton