Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Thought for the Day..

lesleyhelen
Posted by

Needed a giggle 'like' box for the above post Judith...

This phrase is inside the pond and it really made me think.  The sculpture in the distance has a kingfisher on top of it.  

This is at Pallington Lakes - "Sculpture by the Lakes" in Dorset and stunning place to visit with lots of thought provoking art and phrases like these dotted around. They often having special events too.  Spent yesterday afternoon sitting in a copper swing chair looking at a sculpture in the lake with a swan paddling around it - and finally coming near to where we were sat and it had a sleep.  Talk about a relaxing place, I felt so calm and chilled out at the end of the day.

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?

seaspirit44
Posted by

, xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Ruby Rose
Posted by

Something to get the grey matter working

When you are bored, just think about a few things that don't make sense ...like ;

1. If a poison use by date expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

2. Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?

3. Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

4. Why is the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn't it be called double V?

5. Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

6. Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.

7. The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims"

8. 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.

9. If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.

Four great confusions still unresolved

1. At a movie theatre, which arm rest is yours?

2. If people evolve from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?

3. Why is there a 'D' in fridge, but not in refrigerator?

4. Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?

Vagaries of English Language! Enjoy!!!

- Wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?
-Why isn't a Fireman called a Water-man?
- How come Lipstick doesn't do what it says?
- If money doesn't grow on trees, how come Banks have Branches?
- If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a Humanitarian eat?
- How do you get off a non-stop Flight?
- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?
- Why do we put cups in the dishwasher and the dishes in the Cupboard?
-Why is it called 'Rush Hour' when traffic moves at its slowest then?
- How come Noses run and Feet smell?
- Why do they call it a TV 'set' when there is only one?
- What are you vacating when you go on a vacation?

Who thinks this stuff up?

a friend sent me this !!! Mmm 

have a good day 

Ruby Rose  

My face looks better when I smile - so smile it is ! 

WhatHappened
Posted by

- I have to agree....

Hearing 'those' words - well, I think we belong to a special group of people, because until you actually hear those words you will never, never, really know or understand how anyone feels when they hear 'those' words.  

- I'm liking this one at the moment..... 'start where you are, use what you've got, do what you can'.  

Starting can be the hardest part with most things, starting is good - mind you, finishing is good too, I started typing this last night and then went to do something else, screen saver came on, then went into standby mode ..... and I'd forgotten I was half way thought arrrghh.

- I hope you are keeping well.

- I'm going to sit and read this and mull of all this... its come right in time as my brain seems to be enjoying giving me the run around at the moment.

Sending love and hugs to all xxxxxx 

seaspirit44
Posted by

Thanks . On hols in Cornwall, mostly posted pn Walking back to happiness xx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

WhatHappened
Posted by

Owww ....

I have to laugh with the

'Life is a balance
of holding on
and letting go'

I am 'trying' .... 'trying' to throw out/car boot/charity - I just can't do it, i seem to be 'holding on and not letting go' arrrrghhhh.

I will, I will, I have this strange fear  (not the right word)... what if I need it, I even buy things in 3's and 4's 'in case' they stop making them.

Right, its 1:48am - I am running off to bed.

Sweet Dreams - Nighty Night xxxx

jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

Northerner
Posted by

Really hope this doesn't offend but sums up me this evening ...results / review tomorrow 

It is ok to lose your sh*t sometimes 

because if you keep your sh*t , you'll end up full of sh*t

and then you'll explode and there'll be sh*t everywhere.

A sh*t Storm and nobody wants that . 

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
jmp
Posted by

Judith xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, I am exactly the same !! Xxx

Leolady56
Posted by

Saw this and thought of you all

Leolady56 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x