We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus.
Here is the
We will update it regularly.
Do you have any questions about radiotherapy treatment? Ask our volunteer radiographer...
Ask Hannah, our volunteer Physiotherapist, any questions about getting active during...
Ask our pharmacist Harpreet your questions. She'll try to respond within 2 working...
Ask our volunteer Dietitian, Alice, your questions about diet and cancer and she...
Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people...
A support group for anyone affected by triple negative breast cancer to come together...
Secondary breast cancer is cancer that has started in the breast and spread to other...
Needed a giggle 'like' box for the above post Judith...
This phrase is inside the pond and it really made me think. The sculpture in the distance has a kingfisher on top of it.
This is at Pallington Lakes - "Sculpture by the Lakes" in Dorset and stunning place to visit with lots of thought provoking art and phrases like these dotted around. They often having special events too. Spent yesterday afternoon sitting in a copper swing chair looking at a sculpture in the lake with a swan paddling around it - and finally coming near to where we were sat and it had a sleep. Talk about a relaxing place, I felt so calm and chilled out at the end of the day.
Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.
How to tag another member: @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging
What is a Community Champion?
Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!
Something to get the grey matter working
When you are bored, just think about a few things that don't make sense ...like ;1. If a poison use by date expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?
2. Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?
3. Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?
4. Why is the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn't it be called double V?
5. Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.
6. Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.
7. The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims"
8. 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.
9. If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.Four great confusions still unresolved
1. At a movie theatre, which arm rest is yours?
2. If people evolve from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?
3. Why is there a 'D' in fridge, but not in refrigerator?
4. Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
Vagaries of English Language! Enjoy!!!
- Wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?-Why isn't a Fireman called a Water-man?- How come Lipstick doesn't do what it says?- If money doesn't grow on trees, how come Banks have Branches?- If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a Humanitarian eat?- How do you get off a non-stop Flight?- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?- Why do we put cups in the dishwasher and the dishes in the Cupboard?-Why is it called 'Rush Hour' when traffic moves at its slowest then?- How come Noses run and Feet smell?- Why do they call it a TV 'set' when there is only one?- What are you vacating when you go on a vacation?
Who thinks this stuff up?
a friend sent me this !!! Mmm
have a good day
lesleyhelen - I have to agree....
Hearing 'those' words - well, I think we belong to a special group of people, because until you actually hear those words you will never, never, really know or understand how anyone feels when they hear 'those' words.
jmp - I'm liking this one at the moment..... 'start where you are, use what you've got, do what you can'.
Starting can be the hardest part with most things, starting is good - mind you, finishing is good too, I started typing this last night and then went to do something else, screen saver came on, then went into standby mode ..... and I'd forgotten I was half way thought arrrghh.
seaspirit44 - I hope you are keeping well.
Ruby Rose - I'm going to sit and read this and mull of all this... its come right in time as my brain seems to be enjoying giving me the run around at the moment.
Sending love and hugs to all xxxxxx
Thanks WhatHappened. On hols in Cornwall, mostly posted pn Walking back to happiness xx
Owww jmp ....
I have to laugh with the
'Life is a balanceof holding onand letting go'
I am 'trying' .... 'trying' to throw out/car boot/charity - I just can't do it, i seem to be 'holding on and not letting go' arrrrghhhh.
I will, I will, I have this strange fear (not the right word)... what if I need it, I even buy things in 3's and 4's 'in case' they stop making them.
Right, its 1:48am - I am running off to bed.
Sweet Dreams - Nighty Night xxxx
Really hope this doesn't offend but sums up me this evening ...results / review tomorrow
It is ok to lose your sh*t sometimes
because if you keep your sh*t , you'll end up full of sh*t
and then you'll explode and there'll be sh*t everywhere.
A sh*t Storm and nobody wants that .
WhatHappened, I am exactly the same !! Xxx
Saw this and thought of you all
Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x
Safe payments by:
We're here to provide physical, financial and emotional support. So whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you.
© Macmillan Cancer Support
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man
(604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company
number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. VAT no: