Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Thought for the Day..

MaryQ
Posted by

I have just read this and it has me with tears in my eyes.  I am just in that place and it has given me such comfort,  Thank you Nutmeg56 xx

Be gentle with yourself always xx
lesleyhelen
Posted by

I agree with  100% - I actually printed off  's poem earlier today, so I can revisit it whenever I want :)

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?

MaryQ
Posted by

Yes puzzler, without the oncology psychologist I don't know how I would have got through it all...

Take care xx

Be gentle with yourself always xx
Cgun
Posted by

This has touched such a nerve with me because the week before my first surgery (a bowel resection) we moved house! Although I loved the house when we bought it, I came ‘home’ and felt completely misplaced. I felt as though I had been put down in a place completely alien to me even though I had loved it and looked forward to moving in. I am coming to terms with it now 6 months later, but perhaps it was not the house. Perhaps it was the whole experience described in the poem. I am so pleased to read this and know that others have felt this way. It helps me realise that I am not going mad and I am not mentally unstable, I am just dealing with cancer!  Onward and upward! 

grannylara
Posted by

Love and hugs Jenny xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

ali owl
Posted by

Sometimes the strength within you  is not a big fiery flame for all to see its just a tiny spark that whispers ever so gently " you got this keep going " xxxx love n best wishes Ali 

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

Amalie
Posted by

Morning all

Here is a poem I found in February, I had just been diagnosed.  I was waiting for some friends who were coming over for a pub lunch, as usual they were quite late but I felt better sitting in our local pub than I did pacing around at home. In the alcove are some book shelves and I came across a small tatty book: Quiet Corner by Patience Strong. I flicked through and here it is

Comfort (1937)

When the soul is plunged into the depths of dark despair

When the heart is heavy with its load of human care

When it seems that we shall never see the light again

Blinded by our sorrows, the tear drops and the pain

That’s the time when unseen hands reach down to take our own

Loved ones press around us though we think we stand alone

Angel wings enfold us safe from every hurt and harm

Something seems to come to us and make us strong and calm

Comfort steals upon the heart, we know not how or why

Suddenly the light comes flooding o’er the darkened sky

‘God shall wipe away all tears’ - this promise shall remain

And strengthened, healed and comforted, we face the world again.

I hope you like it

Have a good day everyone

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

Your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

So true Moomy xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Love that Amalie xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

grannylara
Posted by

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

ali owl
Posted by

Pretty words are not always true and true words are not always pretty  xxx best wishes ALI  xxx

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it 

lesleyhelen
Posted by

Run Forrest, Run! 

Lesley x

Call Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm  if you need to speak to someone. It's free from mobiles and landlines.

How to tag another member:  @name - and then look at the list of people who come up and click on the person you are tagging

What is a Community Champion?

grannylara
Posted by

“Everyday is a new beginning. Take a deep breathe, smile and start again.”

love and hugs Jenny xxx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

earwig o
Posted by

No matter what kind of challenges or difficulties or painful situations you go through in your life, we all have something deep within us that we can reach down and find the inner strength to get through them. Alana Stewart

“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield