Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

AWAKE thread : Birmingham Meet Up (ALL WELCOME)

LondonLass
Posted by

So Ladies here's the Info for the next Meet Up.

Birmingham, All Bar One

Date: June 16th

Time: 12.30/1pm (does that sound okay to those travelling?)

EVERYONE WELCOME!

So I shall start the list with.....

LondonLass (Sal)

(Janette)

(Karen)

(Jo)

(Gay)

(Jenny) 

(Imelda)

(Cathy)

(Maggie)

(Helen)

Please just copy and paste the list with your name or let me know below and I will add your name!

Look forward to meeting some new faces! Xxxx

Violetsniff
Posted by

I would like to be there,Londonlass xx

“For owning the dancefloor again”x

LondonLass
Posted by

, does that mean you want to be added to the list? I hope so! Xxx

Violetsniff
Posted by

....yes please...thanks xx

“For owning the dancefloor again”x

puzzler
Posted by

I am very anxious ,but can I come ......unless I panic nearer the time ....x

LondonLass
Posted by

, as someone has said on the AWAKE thread. IF you are feeling too anxious to come into the pub on your own, someone can meet you from the train, if you are coming by train and see you into the pub. That way you are only meeting one on one to begin with.

However I would just like to say, to you and anyone else who is anxious. Once you have met everyone once you will be looking forward to the next meet and the following one! These are going to be friends for life xxx

toxophilite
Posted by

could you get to Guildford? We would need to leave from there by around 9am or so though.

xx

Karen

wombat.23
Posted by

I am hoping to come.

Are you in West Wales? how are you planning to get to the meet up? Train or car?

Gay xxx

LondonLass
Posted by

Gay (),  Janette is no longer in Wales she has moved :-) Closer to me!! I hope you can make the meet up, as we are all looking forward to meeting you and giving you a real hug! Xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

I'm very anxious too Puzzler, more about the journey then meeting everyone, getting lost, missing the train, not being able to find the venue etc etc etc. My lovely DH will shepherd me there, and then go of and enjoy Birmingham, pick me up later. He will probably find something train related to do.

Anxiety's awful isn't it. I am finding that forcing myself to to more and more things is helping. I've on,y just started driving again after 18/12, and plan to start swimming again Mon30th, again after 18/12. Coming to Birmingham on my own is too much at the moment though. 

But see the offers form the others to meet you off the train and take you to the venue 

Big hugs xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

LondnLass, more questions. This may sound odd, sorry, s what are the chairs like? I have a very dodgy back and have to have good lumbar support, therefore no open backs, I always have a sausage type cushion with me. 

Also what is the food like. I have various things I can't eat, which is sometimes a problem , but by abd large if it is not to spicy or cruchybI?m OK.

I don!t drink alcohol at all, upsets my stomach, and don't drink tea or coffe, bring my own chamomile teabags,.Tea/coffee upsets me generally.

With all these foibles am I still OK to come??? Xxxxxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Seaspirit44 xxxxx

LondonLass
Posted by

, I haven't been to this All Bar One before. So I shall pass your questions on to  or , one or both of them will hopefully answer your concerns.

I'm sure it'll all be fine, so DON'T TRY AND GET OUT OF COMING!!!! ;-) xxxx

grannylara
Posted by

Hi ladies I am not in

the awake club, could I come too please xx

jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

You've got your special nanny voice on LondonLass! No I won't back out unless it clashes with holiday. Thanks for being the inspiration for the Awake thread, really keeps everyone going xxxxx