Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

It seems I'm a patient now!

moomy
Posted by

Our two ensured they got the address of this flat from me so that they could send cards and presents for hubs, bless them! I think he enjoyed his day, they both phoned separately during the day too for a good chat. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

How lovely that they went to the trouble to ensure dad had cards and a call. Just so sweet xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

Been playing with a new toy, a clip on macro lens for my iPhone! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

ShimmeringUnicorn
Posted by

Whoooo! I love that!

Cheers

...it is OK because unicorns can see you : )

moomy
Posted by

It’s packing up time......we leave sleepy Bexhill for home today with great memories again, super prom walks/wheels and apart from a few mornings, amazing weather; yesterday was glorious! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

Safe journey home 

Xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

And we are safely home, lawn mowed, strawberries picked before the rain started, 3 washing loads done, some hanging over the dryer by the fan. Fortunately towels and undies go in the tumble dryer!

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

And a lovely yoga session this evening, concentrating on improving upper back and shoulders (and stopping me wearing my shoulders as earrings, haha!) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

WhatHappened
Posted by

Wowww , where are you getting this energy from. Oww I wished I could do half the things you have done today!!

I've had washing on the kitchen floor for nearly a week... a week!!

I have gone back into 'procrastinating' - thinking of the things I want to do, or should do - then today whilst out walking I found a baby jackdaw that was in need of help (I've wrote about him on the Walking Back to Happiness thread).

So this little chap took up most of my afternoon and evening ..... I preferred this than doing things I should be doing arrrghh.

Sending love to all xxx

moomy
Posted by

Awwww, WhatHappened, I don’t know where I get energy from, it didn’t last, I’ve had a lazy day today, all I’ve done is 2 loads of washing and a brisk short walk to get my hair cut! 

I guess at the age of 74 I need a resting day every so often.....!!!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

I’ve had a quick skim ... tv license should be scrapped...let bbc do adverts to get revenue OR back to govt and let >75’s have free license. They’ll increase the age though. Why don’t they reduce wages?

Ive been on hols so just trying to catch up although I should be getting some shut eye.

hope all you lovelies are doing good

hugs xx 

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Kessy
Posted by

Morning all am going to get couple of hairbands

And put them in freezer thanks seaspirit  I remember nurse said a surgical menopause is more severe am ,4 yrz post so only got another ,6, ha ha well hopefully they can offer something else before then hope yous all slept well ta Ra the noo xx

moomy
Posted by

Hi Flossie, 

Good to hear from you! Hope you're doing well? 

Hi Kessy, 

hairbands in the freezer sounds a good idea! Maybe I will get some out of the ubiquitous bottom drawer where we all keep our odds and sods! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

In another bit of news, I'm VERY proud of daughter, she's in St Petersburg right now, about to present for the Brass awards for the prestigious Tchaikovsky classical brass finals for Medici TV (its an on line channel) and is probably right now filled to the brim with nerves! She's presented for TV before, but with the ability to do retakes and have a crib iPad at the ready. This time it will be with a headpiece as the 'pro's' do it! Most of the brass finalists are actually trombonists, and all 3 judges are too, who she knows very well. 

And she's been offered another job, Professor of low brass at her alumni, the RNCM in Manchester. They asked if she would interview and do a bit of tutoring as they knew she was up north, she only had the clothes she stood up in, (jeans!) but still offered her the job. She will have to think carefully, as even though they will pay all transport and hotel when she needs to be there, it's still a big chunk out of her time. 

Go get 'em, girl! She's come a long way since her long illness from Lymphoma! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Countrygirlblues
Posted by

Hi I just popped in out of the blue and saw your post. so happy to hear your good news about your daughter hope it all goes really well. Im sure it will.  She has come along way now.  How is life treating you these days?. a bit better i hope.

Well just wanted to say Hi and wish your daughter good luck.

Hugs Clare