Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

It seems I'm a patient now!

seaspirit44
Posted by

, so agree

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

At 74 I was looking forward to requesting half fee next year, we aren’t rich but I don’t pay income tax at all and have passed some of my allowance to hubs who, again doesn’t pay a lot. 

Now I guess there’s just no point, it should never have been passed to the BBC who would never maintain such a risk to their income! It should be handed straight back to Govt.

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Exhausted! 5.8 miles walked today........abut it’s beautiful weather! 

So glad we stocked the freezer up with ice creams! I’ve enjoyed some fab raspberry sorbet from M&S. 

New boob feels squishy still, I’m wondering if my body is deciding to not like the implant much? Fortunately I’m seeing my lovely surgeon again in September. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Halfway through our holiday  but it’s proving lovely, we certainly picked the weather and the right part of the country! 

Think I will need a holiday to get over a holiday though! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

Wow well done you. 

If you don't like the new boob, I have a couple of old knackered ones you can have

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

Hahaha, Lesley, it’s my implant I’m a bit concerned about though. 

Back for a cuppa, Bexhill is highly suited to long walks on the prom, it’s a good 2-3 miles long. We decided on a fish and chip lunch - again! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

I hope all is ok with the boob moomy.

Fish and chips and  a walk on the prom.  Sounds like home 

Xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

I hope so too, Lesley, it needs to be as I really don’t fancy more surgery! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

No I bet. I haven't got that far yet. But doesn't sound like ike fun 

I do hope things are ok . That your holiday goes well .

Xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

We’re certainly enjoying it so far! I’ve walked a lot (you'd think I’d lose some of the too much weight I’m carrying with all this walking, but I don’t seem to!) and we’ve had a good few meals out (mostly lunchtimes) and the sea air has given us quite an appetite we’ve eaten well in the evening too! Maybe that’s why I’m not losing weight?! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

I think so. I believe fish and chips takes about 15 miles to walk off.

Xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

Well I’m stuck then! Hahaha! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

You, me and millions of others too- hey ho.  Rstherchave a belly roll and a full tummy. 

Xx

Lellyv 

moomy
Posted by

Happy Father’s Day to my Dad, I know you left us in 1969 when I was just married but I still wish there were parts of my life now that you could share, especially our two amazing adult children, you’d have been so proud!

Happy Father’s Day too, to my wonderful hubs, who is and always has been my rock, and a great Dad to our two. 

Feeling all soppy and emotional now.....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Lellyv
Posted by

Bless you hun. I feel the same. My dad only went in 2015 but I woke up to a memory face book and was instantly in tears. My thoughts are with you  

Xx

Lellyv