Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Crafts and BC

Tigermum
Posted by

Hi Cannon 

I finally worked out how to post pictures here so here is my Moon Hare that I worked on while DH was in hospital. Although I have worked on quite large pieces for a while, this one definitely took my concentration (about 90 colours in it!) I bought a tabletop daylight lamp from Amazon which helped a lot during those winter months too! 

Just home from another clinic appointment (will post more in a separate thread) but treated myself to a skein of DK and some DP needles to try knitting a knocker over the weekend!

Take care 

Sandie

When life gives you rain - play in the puddles.

taralou
Posted by

Hi   That is absolutely beautiful, if ever it needs a home i will send my address!!

That will look stunnikng on the wall

xx

Love Edwina xx

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......

Tigermum
Posted by

Thanks taralou. It is hung beside our bed, so that I can look at it every morning and evening. It reminds me that I have the strength to get through most things - so sorry it won't be finding it's way to your wall soon! xx

Sandie

Violetsniff
Posted by

Oooo that is so gorgeous,...it sounds like you are very quick too.It takes me ages...I think you did well to treat yourself to skein of DK to make a knitted knocker.You are very talented !!xx

and...thankyou....xx

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

taralou
Posted by

I'll forgive you as it is on your wall. Lovely to wake up to

Good luck with your knitted knocker!!

xx

Love Edwina xx

You’re allowed to scream  - You’re allowed to cry  - But do not give up

MAMMOGRAMS save lives, I'm the proof!!! 

7 rounds of chemo, finished 30th May 2018. 15 zaps of radiotherapy, finished 26th July 2018.

I Survived .......

grannylara
Posted by

Hi Tigermum, what a lovely picture, is it cross stitch or tapestry, it must have taken hours of work. I am currently doing a cross stitch of garden birds and am nearly there. It definately takes your mind off any troubles. Well done love it.

Jenny xx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

Tigermum
Posted by

Thanks grannylara. It is cross stitched. I started it just before Christmas 2016 and finished it in about 6 months. It was what kept me sane while DH was in hospital for 12 weeks!

Sandie

kumihimo
Posted by

One talented lady Tigermum. So pleased you get to see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I love the colours too. Have you any plans to do anything similar? 

Love Frances xxx

star 67
Posted by

What lovely pics of your beautiful creations to all you clever crafters.

and adding a Whoop Whoop for knitted knockers... I love mine but my mom was getting embarrassed as I also kept whipping them out to show people regardless of where I am.

I actually started crocheting little animals as the lovely lady who sent me my KKs sent a bag of extra stuffing which I haven't needed and being a crafter I couldn't see it go to waste so thought I'd put it to good use.  Its done me good as have found it really relaxing.

So anybody knitting knockers please be assured they go to loving homes and are very much appreciated xx

Roar by Katy Perry is keeping me sane, try belting it out the neighbours may complain but boy does it feel good to ROAR!!
Kacang
Posted by

Hi  I'm interested that you posted off a photo to get a chart. Can you say where to? Oh and how much did it cost? 

I made a chart a few months back from a program on the Internet but it wasn't easy and I had a fair bit of help from the home help desk. Also, it was from a colouring book so I had to colour it in first as the black lines didn't show up. I made it for a friend and she's done about half of it as a tapestry (in her choice of colour). I'm not sure I'd do it again as it's really tough so would love to get someone else to do it. This is the final picture. I can't load the graph version as it's the wrong kind of file.

Lynn xx 

grannylara
Posted by

Tigermum, I love cross stitch, my house has loads on the walls, many are really large, but I love doing them, All my grandchildren have birth samplers, and have done loads for friends, but my passion is the old fashion ladies in beautiful, flowing dresses, which have tiny beads as well as cross stitch, i can forget about the world around me when I am doing them. will post a picture of the birds when when I finish it.

these are a couple of the ladies I have done.

Have a nice day, love and hugs, Jenny xxx

Love and hugs Jenny xxx

“ We don’t know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have.” xx

Kacang
Posted by

Beautiful Jenny.

Lynn xx 

kumihimo
Posted by

Oh they are beautiful. I had the Noel Celtic lady but gave it to someone. I love the Celtic round pattern as well.
I have a hospital appointment tomorrow and if it is good news then I’ve promised myself I will buy the Scheepjes Hygge kit as a treat. I’ve been umming and erring over it for a couple of weeks now. I’ve also told myself I will buy some really nice knitting needles and yarn to make some knockers. Read the pattern last night and it looks quite easy.

Have a lovely day all.
Love Frances xxx

Violetsniff
Posted by

@kecang....

hi,I bougt it this week in a craft shop .I am afraid I sent off the details with the photo,but here is a photo of the pack itself...sorry I cant be more helpful...it was £19..something (with discount)....I will try and google it for you.Your colouring is beautiful...Love adult colouring xxxPS have found it on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=stitch+a+photo+dmc&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=194731977557&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2940265913562913308&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045554&hvtargid=kwd-28653343578&ref=pd_sl_34mn3oog29_e also am excited about the idea I can do a chosen picture /painting too

...thise look kind of hard to do but simply beautiful x

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

Kacang
Posted by

Thanks Cannon. I'll do a bit of searching for it. It's a great idea. 

Kumihimo - love those patterns. Might have to copy you.

Lynn xx