Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

Sunnyone
Posted by

A long and winding road! Also cold, but beautiful. 

I hope has escaped or is escaping soon.

Had an amazing view of the moon this morning. I'm sure that that makes today an auspicious day! 

Counting my blessings.
AnnJac
Posted by

Still doing circuits at Hotel NHS.  Slow progress.  One circuit is 110 smaĺl steps.  Draining continues to keep me in custody.  Asked for help sleeping tonight - sleep deprivation is the pits.

Loving you pics and progress everyone.  Here is part of my circuit

Anne xx

Sunnyone
Posted by

Ah totally agree - sleep is everything! Your photo made me grin - I can hear the sound effects in my imagination all too well. Soon you will be out and about. 

Sleep well! Might be snow pics later in the week 

Xx

Counting my blessings.
moomy
Posted by

Awww, AnnJac,

sleep deprivation is used as torture in POW camps......says it all!

hope you’ll get home soon 

hugs xxx

Moomy

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Fab photos and !

Sorry you're still being detained, , definitely demand some sleep assistance, so demoralising. But well done you for trudging on round and round, you'll wear your slippers out! It will end, you will be released but horrible not to know when.

No pictures to post as only walked to and from cafe/ to and from rads dept/ round a garden centre and then to another cafe for lunch, all very nice but not much exercise! Have decent walk planned for Thursday if not before. 

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
Flossie25
Posted by

You’re in the best place   until your drainage behaves itself ... keep on with your circuit training

Why is it getting colder ... oh yes, it’s winter... drat  

Not sure I want to go out tomorrow, or the day after ... might have to force myself into the thermals and at least 5 layers. As I need a new fleece I’ll have to make the effort.

stay warm

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

WhatHappened
Posted by

Well Fruit Loops, after a weekend of no walking today was a push.  I like to try and get out by 3:00pm to miss the school children/seniors coming out of school.  Well, I did not want to go, was putting it off and putting it off, then at 3:40pm I got my trainers on and off I went, saying 'okay I'm a little late I'll do a small walk'.  This is what I did, I did thought do the hard part of my walk, up hill. I was out for half an hour - which in the bigger picture is nothing, for me thought it is something. 

I enjoyed my walk and said I must remember how I felt and make sure if I feel this way tomorrow to not put myself off.  

AnnJAc the good thing is 'you are draining' and that is everything, soon you will be allowed home and to your own bed arrrrhh shear bliss.

Flossie25 I know what you mean about not wanting to go out, you will be fine when you do, just don't push yourself to much that you put yourself off.

Violetsniff the pictures on the other thread of cakes, well what can I say, normally I am not a cake eater - yet those pictures are really getting the taste buds going..... which in truth is a bad thing, my Blood Sugars are high along with some other numbers and I am trying every which way to get them down hahaha these photos are calling me arrrrrrgghhhh - I can hear them shouting my name hahaha.

Really trying for an early night tonight - so, I will bid you all Nighty Night and send love and hugs to all xxxxx

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Loving the photo my room was just in the right in that photo shame we weren’t in at the same time we didn’t plan that very well did we lol

hope they let you out soon xx

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

Leolady56
Posted by

Went on a bear hunt!!

5km and luckily no bear not even Winnie the Pooh

no galloping please . Hugs to you for that positive attitude

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

AnnJac
Posted by

What a lovely pic .  I'm afraid the positive attitude is all a front.  Struggling big time.  But still doing the circuits.  Hopefully all things will improve soon.

Sunny here hope you all have some sun and are getting out and about. Xx

Anne xx

Sunnyone
Posted by

Im sorry you are still there - I hope that you got some sleep.

Snowdrops in the park this morning.

It was cold but the light was lovely.

Counting my blessings.
Leolady56
Posted by

The weather outside is frightful

But my dear it's so delightful

So if you've no place to go

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Glad I went out this morning

I just mentioned to this

Now sat watching the snow drift down. I am giggling a little at this as when I was in teaching and as a head I spent my days weather watching. Is it windy; if so hyper children. Is it too hot; if so lethargic children. Raining can't go out to play so lots of tussles and fights. Is it snowing do I open or shut the school, plus massively hyper children and staff worried sick about how they would get home.

OH my now I just watch it happen from the warmth of my log fire

- we used to sing a little song called 'stick on a grin'. Keep sticking a grin on and eventually it will grow into a great big smile as you walk away from the hospital.

There we go off to spread mayhem elsewhere

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Leolady56
Posted by

Just had to post this. 45 mins ago started 

puzzler
Posted by

Love the stories of your walks , wish it was snowing here ! Did a 6 and a half mile walk yesterday , then ruined it by having a pub lunch ! There was a walk organised today too , but I could not go because I was having a CT .....but I joined them for lunch ( 2 different groups ! ) ...which was cheeting a bit wasn’t it !!  I can’t post pictures but Lou looking at yours .....lets all keep going .......x

Sunnyone
Posted by

Wow!!!! To the snow!

None here ... yet.

Counting my blessings.