Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

WhatHappened
Posted by

Okay, okay, I might be back in here 

After weeks off not walking, thinking owww it's too warm, I'll do it later and it not happening, I am back 'fingers crossed'.

So, I had lost nearly 2 and half stone, have now in that short time of not walking put nearly 1 stone back on, I am feeling rubbish, eating rubbish and have felt quiet down in some ways (still but the smile on for others, however in my own world, I have no energy or time for me)..... that is until last night....

On the Thought for the Day thread there have been some good 'thoughts of the day' - these followed by some kind words and encouragement from , I have today gone out and 'walked' - so all in all today I have walked a total of 8,865 steps compared to around 2,300-2,600 whilst at home.  My walk was around a little over a mile and is showing on my FitBit as drum roll for me.... 46 active minutes! Even better, my heart reading shows I did 1 hour 39 minutes of 'fat burning' .... (I didn't get into Cardio or Peak).

I did feel better for going out side and walking, now tomorrow may be difficult has I have been asked out with mum for Afternoon Tea.... I mean, now I can't refuse this, but can I walk in the morning or late in the afternoon.... I shall try, I need to get back into this.

, I'm hoping your builders are getting on with the work and you are starting to see improvements. We have talked of having an extension, however the thought of this fills me with dread, I am not good at letting go and would want to try and design everything and as I am no good whatsoever at this type of thing - there it stays, not done.

Thinking about you all and sending love and hugs xxx 

Silverberg
Posted by

Morning again,

You have inspired me What happened.

Today I will go for a walk at 10.30. Then I will come back and work out how to put pictures on my posts. So if you walk at 10.30 we will be walking together.

I'd rather be polishing a Red Arrow.
Silverberg
moomy
Posted by

Good for you, WhatHappened and Silverberg! 

Me? An easy day walking-wise but a gardening day; there’s lots of pruning and trimming needed. However I did manage to ‘close all rings’ yesterday on the Apple Watch, that means 12 hours standing, 300 calories burned and over 30 minutes exercise. (A long day plus shopping and then yoga in the evening!) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

Silverberg
Posted by

Hi all

Back from my walk. Nice little confrontation with a taxi driver. He was so far onto the path I couldn't get past even going side ways.

So now for the pictures and the dreaded DBS form.

Have a good day.

Silverberg
Silverberg
Posted by

Morning

It's a bit blustery but warm in the sun. Managed another walk today to the swings and back. W

Wish I dare have a swing. To be honest wish I could fit my bum on the seat. Now there's a target!

Silverberg
yellowroses
Posted by

Having had a repetition of the last problem - loss of all settings on my software - I am not going to try and catch up on all the posts, but regarding the swing. A few years ago, I put an ad in the local paper to ask if anyone has a proper swing I could just have a proper swing on! A woman not far away responded and a friend took me there and it was so lovely to have a swing!!

WhatHappened
Posted by

Well, I was struggling to get myself out today..... then I read your post , so, at 3.50 PM I finally got myself out and 'walked'... it was lovely and warm, for some reason it looked so cold outside - one the reasons for trying to stay in.  Anyway, thanks to Siverberg I got myself out walking.  I didn't walk yesterday, Afternoon Tea at Coombe Abbey called 

According to my FitBit I did a total of 7,603 steps!!! approx 3 miles!! 3 mile!! this is amazing for me and get this 1 hour 39 minutes of fat burning and .... 2 minutes of cardio (well you can't do it all) - and I was as red as a beetroot when I got  home with sweat dripping down my face (not a pretty sight).

Lets see what tomorrow brings, ideal I would like to get myself out the house at/or by 2:00 PM ... watch this space (I half feel committed to going out now I have posted this 

Love and Hugs xxx

Silverberg, go on, even if you just 'sit' on the swing .... it's a start  

Silverberg
Posted by

Morning whathappened.

Well that's great to hear. So it's going to be fine again today so I think 2.00 would be a good time to go out. Granddaughter here till lunchtime and I've bulbs to plant with her this morning. If I go down the lane I can pick some blackberries to go with yoghurt at tea time. The freezer's full.

Have a good day everyone.

Silverberg
Silverberg
Posted by

P.s. You are all free to join us at 2.xxx

Silverberg
Lacomtekp
Posted by

It's  the blackberries I fancy Silverberg......I have plenty of apples to go with them and dozens of figs but there aren't many berries around here......Enjoy your walk.

I have physio again today. It's like having a personal trainer ....non stop exercises for the 30 minutes. Is it helping........I still have pain!

Northerner
Posted by

Morning  &  Enjoy your Walk Hopefully I’ll be back out there if breathless

SE departs . Tried yesterday but stopping every 20 yds or so means don’t see too much . Might get hubs take me Seaham for walk on prom . 

Margaret x

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret
Silverberg
Posted by

Hi

Not sure if it's helping with pain,I take ibuprofen before I set off and part way round it gets easier. I'm not sure if that's joints loosening or ibuprofen kicking in. I suppose I should try work it out scientifically but not yet.

We have loads of blackberries round here. Walked past lots yesterday on the way to the swings. There are loads outside the local school. I can't understand why no one's picked them. I'd have had some of the children out if it was my school. Then made a crumble for lunch. Maybe their cook isn't as accommodating as ours. 

I think I might have to put one of these fancy watches on my Christmas list.

Work hard with physio.x

Silverberg
Silverberg
Posted by

Good afternoon

Got back from my walk just in time. Hubby busy cleaning the downstairs now the little ones gone.

So I've taken myself upstairs to have some peace. Nothing nicer than the sound of a vacuum cleaner when your not pushing it.

No blackberries I went down Bluebell wood. 

I hope there was more than me walking, I'd have felt such a twit walking on my own.

Silverberg
moomy
Posted by

I walked to and from the car a couple of times, to and from the podiatrist, and then to and from the lunchtime concert where I was a proud Mum!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Northerner
Posted by

I was there didn't make coast but did join hubby and dog for a short walk about 2 miles

So not bad on day 3 of second cycle , last cycle I was to wiped out Think I was only managing approx 200 steps lol

Off to classic car show tomorrow (,grandson organises it so showing loyalty ). It's at Wynyard Hall and gardens so I'm really going for coffee and cake followed by stroll in garden . 

Margaretx

love and hugs 
xoxox
Margaret