Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Ouch, Seaspirit! Hope that jellyfish sting eases off very fast, I remember as a child, a summer holiday spent in Anglesey when on our last day Benllech beach was covered in jellyfish! I took a wide berth.....

Had yoga tonight which actually helped the aches in my back. Hope it continues, we have one final session next week and a worksheet to come for the summer break, and I will try to do some! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

It is so difficult to practise at home, , even with the best of intentions! xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

Violetsniff
Posted by

Hi all,so lovely to catch up with all your doings....and some lovely photos...

oh ....I do hope you get better from that horrid bite.When we were in Tenby we saw some ENORMOUS ones basking on the beach..or dead?they were the size of old fashioned bin lids...my friend saw them I was amazed!!we also had the most beautiful sunsets there...

....everso sorry but have no idea where your photo is from...do tell!!

mine is a duck enjoying some beer,and it was a stained glass divider in a pub called “the Black Swan”but has been renamed “The Dirty Duck”....on the other side of its’ sign...

xxx

I’m sorry but my photo has nothing to do with walking but just thought you might like to see some flowers which I was given last week....sooooo prettyyyyyyyyxx

”The Sky is beautiful”

AnnJac
Posted by

Hi Everyone

Loving your pics and walking stories.  Haven't been able to join in but maybe that changing?  Took delivery of a mobility scooter today (herein to be referred to as a go cart).  So hopefully will be able to get out and about a bit more.  Going to pictures this afternoon so although I will be "walking" there don't think I will take pictures.  Going to see Yesterday.  Looks entertaining.

Hope you are all getting around well.

Anne xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, go girl!!! xxx

AnnJac
Posted by

Just home after first outing with go cart.  Got go cart right right into cinema.   Film very entertaining.  Then went out for tea and able to park scooter in foyer.  So successful first outing. 

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Go-AnnJac-go!!!!!

love it!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Lacomtekp
Posted by

Sunrise today to wish you all a glorious pain free day.

Love Karen

AnnJac
Posted by

Scooted to Tesco today for prescription and other creams and pills.  Took this pic of flowers on the way.  

Then unfortunately had another fall getting into the house.  My fault as I bent down and lost my balance.  Good job hubby at home as I can't get up without help.  I had watched a you tube video the other day on how to get up from a fall.  So sent hubby into garage to fetch tool box.  Managed to get bum on that then I was in a low sitting position.   Then holding onto part of porch inside and hubby helping the other I got upright again.

When I get back from hols I am phoning doc for urgent appointment.  This won't wait until 5th August! 

Any way go cart was great round Tesco.  Paths are a bit bumpy but Tesco floor really smooth!  And drivers very courteous when I needed to cross roads.

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Oh nooooo! AnnJac, that sounds really annoying as well as potentially really serious, you could break a bone as well as being in a lot of pain. You’re right, this is in need of investigation, and speedily.

getting up from a fall often needs something like a low stool or a chair, to lean on to lever oneself into a low kneel, then high kneel and swivel to sit. But it often needs you to recover from shock of said fall first. I get used to helping hubs up from falls, my first port of call is usually a dining chair once I’ve established he’s conscious and not in pain, otherwise it would be calling the emergency services! Usually he can manage to get up, using the moves I described. 

Hope you haven’t bruised too badly? Ice packs for bruises......

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

No it certainly won't wait till Aug 5th ! Has your GP no idea how bad your situation is? I do hope you are referred quickly. Xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Had my last swim here this morning, lovely, then spent the afternoon packing. The tide was at an awkward stage and I had great difficulty getting out, even with DH there. Levered myself on my bum through the rocks, in shallow water. Trouble is I can't get up without something to use as a lever. Managed it though, Then I wonder why my arms are stiff!!

It has been a truly great holiday and I feel so lucky that it has all gone so well.

We have to be out of the flat by 10am, that will be quite a feat! Then we go to Plymouth for the weekend to see daughter and co. Home via Bristol for a consult wit my homeopathic doc.

We have had more progress pics from the builder. Great to see how well they are getting on with it. Xx

Flossie25
Posted by

... hope your jelly fish sting is ok. Sounds quite complicated getting out of sea. Safe journey home.

... great you’ve been out and about on your wheels. Sorry you had a fall ... please get yourself a GP appointment ASAP.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Flossie25
Posted by

I’ve only done a bit of gardening today ... did go round a large supermarket though  

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

AnnJac
Posted by

Thank you everyone for your support, advice and good wishes.  Go on holiday for a week tomorrow with my family - hubby, two sons, daughter in law and grandson.  Car packed - not much room for clothes what with scooter, walker, bath board.  But weather looks fine.   We don't need much.  Sainsbury delivering straight to holiday cottage.  

On the first Tuesday I am back will ring for a same day appointment (monday a friend is coming 80 miles to see me and don't want to put her off).   I will explain that I just can't wait another 2 weeks.  Not seen the doctor for 6 weeks.  She referred me for bone scan last time and RT delayed that being able to happen.

I'll try and post pics.  I won't be swimming but at least i will see the sea.  Hubby's 65th birthday whilst we are away - nice family barbeque is the plan.

thank you again everyone xxx 

Anne xx