Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

Amalie
Posted by

Lovely pics and updates everyone.  I’m waiting for the thunderstorms to start it’s very humid here.

Moomy I am very fond of Bexhill beach. Had many happy times there with my Mum, sister, cousins, auntie and granny. We used to take a picnic, us kids would be rolling about in the back of the estate car on the journeys! And we’d entertain ourselves building sand castles and leave them to chat. It is quite clean there and you can park for free all along the front. 

Pic is another from day out last week.

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

buttercup01
Posted by

Wow!

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
moomy
Posted by

Hi Amalie,

yes the parking is amazing, such a long prom! We were towards the east end, within easy reach of Galley Hill, where the old cars started their motor racing when racing first began in England! 

The beach is only marred by mud holes, and the banks of rocks of course, but when you find a patch of firm sand it’s so clean, isn’t it? I always try to have a couple of paddles! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

WhatHappened
Posted by

So, after a lot of consideration, I opt to take the baby home and take it from there.  I feel so, so bad for the parent/s, my head is saying to me, 'they have raised this little one from an egg, and fed him from a baby, watched his feathers grow and then you (me) come along and steal him!!!! owww

I get home, and am able to feed him, he is holding his foot up, he won't put weight on it and his wing is drooping - I can't do this, he will need antibiotics. So, I continue to feed him and then locate a rescue that will take him and they also have others there too along with medication that is needed.  So off we go.... all the way there I am thinking, 'am I doing the right thing, will they look after him!! (how can I ask this, when they are a rescue - that's what they do!!!).

So, I am feeling a little sad - I have stolen a baby bird, with all the best intentions - but I feel rubbish about it.  

Now then, if I had not gone out for my walk when I did - I would not of seen this little bird.

Praying and Hoping he will make a full recovery and can live a normal and happy life 

Oww looking at this little beauty, the photo's don't really show how thin he is and his poorly foot.
I hope I have done the right thing.

Sending love and best wishes to you all xxxx

moomy
Posted by

I’m sure you’ve helped, WhatHappened, looking after a baby bird is a full time job, so handing it over to people who are equipped to do it has to be the right solution!

awww, bless it, hope it survives and thrives!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

I’ll have to catch up on here tomorrow ... been away and walked 10 miles daily ... no wonder I ached, and still do. Managed to stave off fatigue although I do feel tired but think that’s more evident since starting Letrozole ... seems to be the norm no matter how active, or not.

hugs xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

WhatHappened
Posted by

Trying so hard to make myself go out and walk.... well not hard enough is it as I'm sitting here typing and not walking!! arrrghhh.

The sun is half out so I could go, plus I've only done 2,000 steps 'ALL DAY' - that's no good arrrghhhh. 

Oww okay lets see how the rest of the day goes xxxx

moomy
Posted by

I've not walked a lot today, but have exercised in that I've been to choir (breathing and vocal exercise!) and also watered the garden.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

I haven’t walked for a few days as been busy at work and my step son is staying with us at the moment so we have a dog walker for such days! But I’ve missed it, tomorrow is my day off and I’m meeting.a dear friend for lunch. She is borrowing a dog so we will meet half way, park up then walk with dogs to a nice cafe we like. Hopefully it will be warm enough to sit outside to eat our lunch there.

Another pic from last Friday (you can tell I haven’t been out much!) Yellowroses I saw these and thought of you.

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

Isn’t it awful, we feel so guilty if we haven’t walked, we still feel the need to confess? 

I’m not going to be doing much for a couple of days either as got a busy time with rehearsals, meetings, volunteering duties and so on.....but will try and do a bit! Need to do some yoga tomorrow and I’ve got a session on Monday morning as I’m going to be on volunteer duty on Tuesday instead next week....

how did I ever find time to work????

hugs to you all xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

My walking has reduced recently , with the shingles, Dr's appts, packing for our holiday, and clearing out the garage ready fir the builders, who start while we are away. I have been out every day but shorter distances, feel kind for deprived! Was enjoying the longer walks, If I am fit enough there will be swimming and walking in Cornwsll. ( hope thr nasty shingles is gone by then) xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

A little bit of walking for me to and from podiatry appointment this morning; from was easier than to! One toe bends under another and can cause problems, podiatrist has improved it hugely this morning and can, if need be, take away part of that toes nail; but has cut it back lots this morning and it’s a lot more comfy, it was so bad it was bleeding while we were away, and thanks to receptions poor booking, I had a missed appointment, so it wouldn’t have been as bad.....

but this morning I got prompted by my Apple Watch and did 15 minutes of yoga, and it felt very good too!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

It isn't such nice weather to walk...but the other day I walked to various little chores in town and found at the end of it I had done 4km!!how did that happen???!!!

on Tues I went for an emergency investigation of my boobie as I was having a lot of soreness.....it was a tiring day as I went by train,but thankfully,all well,NAD.the Doctor said it was nodular,which my GP had thought,too xx

and this morning we have heard that my sisters husband has been declared free of cancer!!he has been on the new experimental drugs as it was widespread,and,despite lots of difficulties over a year,today he is better!!!

Amazing!!Xxx

here is a piccie of a rose from the  garden to celebrate...

buttercup01
Posted by

Wonderful news n beautiful picture.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
HappyFeet1
Posted by

Beautiful roses, and ! And I don’t think you should give yourself a hard time for not walking much these past few days, you must be so in credit after all your holiday treks! 

am so pleased for your 2 bits of good news, your innocently nodular booby and your cancer free brother-in-law - fantastic! Shame you’ve had all the worries but great to end up all well. 

I did 2 Nordic walking classes on Thursday, one hour workout walk (3.3 miles) and then tai chi, a lovely follow up. I was exhausted when I got home, had to have a nap before doing some school work.

Managed a photo of pretty cows and calves on the walk. HHappy weekend walking to all, HFxx  

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi