Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Great pics, everyone!

my 2 mile walk today was into town and I decided to walk back across the common, saw a good 4 species of butterfly! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

No walk for me today, we are on our way to Lincoln, OH’s second grand daughter arrived a couple of hours ago  I’m looking forward to a cuddle! 

Well done Moomy it was Bodiam castle!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

Aha, I was right! We do like castles! 

Tomorrow late afternoon I will be walking out to collect a bit of shopping for my dinner (2 nights) and breakfasts (just orange juices and milk for coffee, have porridge with me!) plus the odd pack of biscuits or a cake or so, once I’ve moved into my ‘home’ for the weekend! So, Warwick, tomorrow here I come.....I know where the nearest Sainsbury’s is! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Most of the seaweed has gone now, so getting in for a swim is nowhere near as hazardous  Glorious sunshine today xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

Phew! Glad you’re safe, Seaspirit, and enjoying the swimming and the weather (hope you’re using sunscreen?!) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

- so glad its easier now.  And so lucky with the weather.  Continue to enjoy xxx

Anne xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Yes using sunscreen snd Vicks on my arms, plus a thiamine

daily to deter mossies. Have had bilateral axillary clearance si have to be very careful xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Actually saw this gull catch the crab. Will attempt to post.....xxx grrr try sgain

Flossie25
Posted by

... loads of butterflies out and about. You’ll be having a good weekend in Warwick ... is it a reunion or hav3 I got that wrong?

... great you’re managing the slippery slope better .. not as hazardous. Does thiamine work for the mossies? I just use deet  50% ... must say it does the job.

... I do like Lincoln... congrats

.... it’s good to be out round the shops. I’m enjoying the tennis too. C Gaur on later.

Ive been out for a walk round village, did gardening yesterday and will do some again today when it’s cooler and I’ve done a bit of yoga.

xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

Flossie25
Posted by

Lovely pic

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

moomy
Posted by

Great pic, Seaspirit, 

hi Flossie, it’s a sort of reunion but really a fond farewell to the existing school buildings (most of them ‘listed’ in the historic centre of the town, it is moving to a purpose built campus on the edge of the town. Warwick isn’t really that big a town, but the outskirts towards the Stratford side do ramble on for some distance. 

Hope to walk to pick up supplies later today, when I’m there and know what I will need! It’s probably a good half mile to Sainsbury’s.....and I packed a soft rucksack! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Having fun in my holiday let! 

Its the old town gate in the centre of the pic!

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

It’s beautifully restored inside.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Lovely pics .

I'm allergic to Deet , so had to come up with something else. Not infallible, but I'm a magnet for biting insects. Even got bitten in Feb during that brief warm spell, had not thought ore cautions necessary! Xxx

moomy
Posted by

Walked to St Nicholas Park last evening to see what’s going on that blocked local hotel rooms, it’s ‘pub in the park’ and there was loud pop music playing inside the barrier, so I didn’t bother but walked back via the riverside! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy