Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

seaspirit44
Posted by

Well done , making the best if it and enjoying yourself despite the mobility problems. Interesting to see what a Letrozole free month brings xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

Yes, well done AnnJac, 

it will be really interesting to see if things ease right off when off Letrozole, please keep us updated!

todays walk was into town for prescriptions and shopping. Tonight is yoga night.... lots of exercise! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

I’ve realised that walking is a brilliant way to sort out the mind as well as getting physically fitter, I was quite stressed out about yesterday’s presentation to our veteran and what I had to organise to get it all done. It worked out fine, but the walk (my usual happy walk) really made me concentrate far more on the living world about me and de-stressed me totally! I heard a cuckoo, saw lovely plant life, breathed in the air from across the lake, and even rescued a dozy bumble bee from the track and popped him gently onto an elderflower bush, so out of harms way from the bikes that, just after school, use that track a lot. Hope he survived! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

, I always feel better for a walk, whether physically exhausted, stressed out or depressed, never fails, even in pouring rain. ️xxx

moomy
Posted by

Absolutely, Seaspirit!

A big thank you shout out to LeoLady for starting this thread, it works!!!!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

I agree! I got home from work tonight feeling weary, OH said he hadn’t done dog walk yet as it’s rained all day. It had just stopped so off we went, I was up got it having been indoors all day. 

Well the clouds cleared, sun came out, it all smelt lovely, the birds were singing and I thought what a wonderful treat

On the sofa now! 

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

Leolady56
Posted by

A walk in Girona today

I climbed those steps 

Leolady56 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, not many steps today (certainly nothing like your Girona mountain and definitely not in that sunshine!) but a bit of a town trail with some pretty churches and ducks thrown in so very pleasant (and of course a cafe visit). I'm loving the adventures of Willy Wonka , almost deserves a thread of its own! And am so impressed with your swimming , still haven't taken the plunge yet myself.... Great photos and I totally agree re joys of walking, haven't managed too much these past few days but have booked into a couple of Nordic sessions on Thursday (workout followed by Tai Chi version, probably followed by some refreshments!).

and spot the duckling - sadly only one! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

Lovely pic . Thank you so much for starting this thread. It has really sustained me xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, Nordic walking and tai chi, couldn't do that ! Xx

Leolady56
Posted by

Fortunately there was a beautiful breeze or we definitely looked from the bottom

We tend to choose the not so sunny days for sight seeing

Keep on going everyone

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Violetsniff
Posted by

Hi,What lovely photos and news !

i have recently got back off my holiday in Canterbury,where we visited Dover Castle,and the War Tunnels where Churchill sat to organise the Dunkirk landings,where my Papa was.I am sure many have relatives who were there...and Leeds Castle...

(It is so lovely to see the Veterans of D-Day being remembered today)

here is a little vignette of our return journey...may have a go at a photo...

Hi!Well,on our way back yesterday we only stopped in Windsor! So decided to visit Windsor Castle just in case I hadn’t seen enough,and was determined to run round it (time limit) , but was stopped short in the first room with a gasp it was too magnificent ! The gold begere chairs covered in exquisite hand made French tapestries,couldnt stop gazing,and the enormous tapestries of Esther , too beautiful, and the handwoven carpets,beautifil colours , not at all stuffy, and then the King’scanopy over his bed...was maybe the most beautiful embroidered silk thing I have seen in my life,, the guide said it used to be over the Throne...
totally blasted ,
Then went for lunch at Drury Something and it was where Charles came through a secret passage to meet Nell Gwyn. I looked for it but couldnt find it...
Then home in time to see the Queen( who had been at Windsor ( in residence) yesterday, was meeting Donald Trump, todayXx(so she wasn’t in residence)

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

AnnJac
Posted by

What a lovely holiday .   And Windsor Castle sounds wonderful.  The restoration they did after the fire was first class.  Glad you had a lovely time.

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

So glad you enjoyed it, Violetsniff Do Er is fascinating! 

my walk today, back into town for prescriptions (again!) to find the one which has to be ordered was in the one box that didn’t get delivered! But I did get some others....(just my luck!) 

walked back across the Common, heard skylark singing, but couldn’t see it....

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

I was born on D-Day, so the commemorations coincide with my birthday celebrations. It is nearly today! Going out fir a meal in the evening, present and card opening in the morning. Opened one early,  got into trouble! Xxxx