Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Lots of clouds so far here, and a bit of faint drizzle first thing so I got out for my walk early before the humidity gets too high, lovely circular walk encompassing fields kept free of livestock to enable the access to a super bend in the river which has a ‘beach’! Then back round the Common

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

In all I walked just over 4 miles!

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

I did it! Apple Watch set me a May challenge of walking 86.5 miles during the month and I’ve managed it! 

Phew! No wonder I want a sit down now! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Yes,Anthony Gormley does get about!I love that he did those figures in Leith Water,may try and see them when I am in Edinburgh...and so glad you didnt get blown off the Pier,,

Loving”WillWonka”you are a hero!

well done with your walking ....I clocked up 9km today...against my better judgement!!Totally whacked at the end of it though...won’t be doing that again in a hurry!!

well I am in Canterbury today.

.....am in a Gothic Hotel and the Manager looks like “Lurch” from the Adams family!!
But I can stretch out my head from the window into a little private space full of wilderness and wild wysteria.(as opposed to wild hysteria)...
Today we went to Canterbury Cathedral and heard all about Thomas A Becket,and went in to the crypt.The choir was rehearing as we were there and it was so beautifully atmospheric.Then we came back up into the open air again and it was lovely to see the children playing on the grass and the birds singing from a flowered tower.
I might find that photo to send you,Xxx
( sorry ,due to little local techy difficulty,can’t send ones from Cathedral,but here is the view from my window anway...and a pretty house we saw at Chilham today Xxx

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

seaspirit44
Posted by

Love the pics . Wild hysteria!! Xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

Wild hysteria gave me a grin too! Great pics, all!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

Nice pictures Violetsniff and Moomy.

Lovely day here today, had a nice walk this morning then this afternoon had a 2 hour mindfulness session at the charity where I had my counselling, it was great, 12 of us and a few of us met for lunch beforehand.

Have a nice weekend everyone, hope you can get out

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Lovely photos, , and ! No big walks today but yesterday had good walk to garden centre (and a very therapeutic scone there) and back. Caught up with swans who had a nest on the way - they were there with just one cygnet, very cute and fluffy, not at all an ugly duckling! Also saw family of coot and cootlings (though not so 'ling', quite big really!) Great weather but will be glad of some cooling down next week especially for being at work....Happy walking/ strolling/ willy wonkaing everybody!! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

Lovely walk today at Etherow Country Park, in warm drizzle. Suits me, not too hot, and rain cools me down. Have not been here since Hosp admission last year, only now felt I had the energy to tackle small hills.

Saw some mandarin ducklings, never seen before, lots of mallard ducklings and cootllings, very fluffy and demanding. No Muscovies, and no Egyption goose. I hope he was hiding and not deceased.

Nice cuupa after a longer walk then usual. No cake left, so ate my own supply of chocolate. 

Will try to upload a pic xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

Try again. They are not very good so never mind if unsuccessful....

AnnJac
Posted by

Looks lovely and peaceful .  Shame about lack of cake!

Anne xx

AnnJac
Posted by

Me and Willy Wonka have been into York today.  Parked up and walked through Museum Gardens (with some stops to admire the flowers and people watch).  Then into York and sat and listened to the excellent busker outside Bettys.  Then to paperchase for some birthday cards and back to gardens for an ice cream.  Then home and found car park pay machine broken so free parking!

Spoke to BCN this morning.   I want to rule out that Letrozole causing my mobility issues.  They started when I started taking Letrozole - could be a coincidence but I want to rule it out.  So we have agreed that i stop taking for 4 weeks and see if any improvement.  So watch this space ....

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

My usual happy walk this afternoon 

we said a fond goodbye and thank you to a veteran today who had decided to ‘hang up her Bombe shoes’, so to speak, she decided regular Sunday on the tube, train and a lift from the station, talking to the public and then the reverse journey regularly was a bit too much every other Sunday at the age of 93! So we taxi’d her door to door and presented her with a plaque and flowers, and for us she whisked a cloth off the new Enigma! Lots of photos to be used by our publicity team.... Hope I’m as good as her at 93! 

But these are dog roses from my walk!

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

And this is not snow or hail.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Heavy rain?? .

Different swim this morning,. Got there and found the outdoor pool closed pump problems Had to use the indoor pool next to the water aerobics complete with shouting and loud pop music ( not a fan) Shared my lane with a man who swam in the middle, and I managed to kick the steps 4 times trying to keep out of his way ouch! After they had all gone I had a lovely swim, forgetting that it is a 25 m pool rather than 20, and went much further then I intended. Bit tired after, but really enjoyed it. Xxx