Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Beautiful, LeoLady, even if it was 8k! 

Looking forward to your next!

AnnJac, glad the Walker helps, you’ll have to give it a nickname! Cute but skinny fox, but yes, I suspect most urban foxes are.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

I dared the weather (pulled up my big girls pants and went!) actually realised I had prescriptions to collect so buttoned up a mac, threatened the clouds with a brolly and walked into town. Needless to say the pharmacy was busy so went to another one, and of course they only have part! Always the way.

but I walked back in drizzle over the Common, hearing a skylark (that made me grin!) 

I also had a print out of the letter that that dreadful registrar wrote (with mistakes!) after my allergy clinic appointment, I will phone my GP and correct the letter to him, and ask if he’s willing to do the test she advised. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Leolady56
Posted by

I will be going on the walk next year

Unless Mr Leo is in traction !!!! Or kicking up the daisies 

mmm

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

seaspirit44
Posted by

Love the fox , and glad the walker is helping. Yeah I ate doing so well.xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

seaspirit44
Posted by

Sorry you are doing so well !!!!!

AnnJac
Posted by

Went out with a friend today for a pub lunch and then down to the river to the big lock (left camera in car!).  Very pleased to say that Willy Wonka (Moomy the walker has been christened) was a great help.  Even took it off road across uneven grass which I can't contemplate with just a stick.  Didn't go far but GOT OUT!  And my new automatic car is easier too.  Willy Wonka is fairly stylish too.

Saw GP on Tuesday and just had a call from her.  She has spoken to my oncologist who thinks my mobility is probably not cancer related but ti have a spine bone scan to rule out spine mets.  And then if this OK then refer me to a neurologist.  We are all agreed that physio shouldn't be done until we know the cause.  I have no pain just immobility and weakness.  Quite typical of onset multiple sclerosis but it would be bloody unlucky if this was the case!  I'm sure it's not.  Just glad doctor is taking it seriously.  It has coincided with taking Letrozole so I am not convinced it is unrelated.  But we have to investigate.  I like a good puzzle and problem solving - but not this way lol.

Going out again tomorrow to meet a friend at a food fayre in Helmsley.  Me and Willy Wonka will be good to go.

Enjiy the nice weather everyone xx

Anne xx

moomy
Posted by

Awww, AnnJac you must be so pleased Willy Wonka is helping! 

My walks today have been choir and repeat prescription related! No actual, striding out-type walks, sadly. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

Amalie
Posted by

AnnJac I love Willy, what a difference he will make. Particularly impressed that you tried off roading on your first outing!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

You put me to shame so I shot out to do my happy walk! 

Its astonishing how the look of the walk has changed since the bare branches of winter

hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

This tread does encourage us, doesn't it! And so nice to have a pretty happy walk.

Anne xx

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, got back from trip to Edinburgh yesterday and have been trying to catch up on a few threads - managed to read some and 'like' a few while away, but no chance to post or read properly. Great photos on here while I've been away, I think my favourite is Willy Wonka, ! Love the name and seems like he's getting you back on the road to freedom! 

Very sociable visit but also managed a few walks. Nearly blown off a pier on Sunday morning - definitely no cobwebs left to blow away! Calmer walk in the afternoon and loved this Antony Gormley figure.....

Lucky with weather, chilly wind but some lovely sunshine too. HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
seaspirit44
Posted by

, love Willy Wonka! Well done for getting out! I'm glad yiu are being investigated properly. You are Copong magnificently with horrible problems, not letting them stop you. Big hugs xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, how did Antony Gormley get up there? I thought all his figures were in Crosby. Xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

, sorry about the typo again, coping!!!!!

HappyFeet1
Posted by

I didn’t know about the Antony Gormley statues in Edinburgh either till last Sunday , apparently there are 6, installed in Water of Leith in 2010. He gets about!! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi