Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Ooooh yum, LeoLady! 

And all I’ve done is my usual happy walk!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Hi,!lovely to have you galloping back!!looking forward to hearing your adventures...

...you are clever,I wouldnt even try the rubix Cube...altho my nephew does it but I rather wonder sometimes if he has a blank one and sticks the colours on....is it possible to do it in a few minutes??he does...

will write about my morning and then put up my star(cropped) photo from my walk to and fom Church,...yes,a Grandstanding Goose!!...

Well,it was lovely in Church this morning,my old Vicar (now Rev.Canon)did a beautiful Sermon on the beatitudes....so simple yet powerful.(and then he sat down and was playing the trumpet !!wow.)It was at least 100 years ago when I heard him preach last,and HE STILL REMEMBERED ME...and my name!!(it is his wife who was so lovely to me first time I went).then a lady told me where we can send knitted garments to poor children who have no clothes...then had a nice coffee and bought a lovely sheet in Laura Ashley Sale.(200 count,darling...It has to be soft...am like the Princess and the pea...but only£15!,)Xxxthis was my walk to/ from Church and now off to make a pot of “Lazy Sunday”ground coffee and watch “Westside Story”xx

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

Leolady56
Posted by

I was incredibly lucky to have Rev John in my life

he made such a different . So ... I'm getting back into

gallopimg

higs dear friends

Leolady57 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Amalie
Posted by

Lovely pics Violetsniff, that second one is very arty looks like you’ve taken it through a bubble.

Leolady I hope you are having a nice break and holiday treats.

Had a nice walk today though overcast

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

moomy
Posted by

Hmmm, to walk or not to walk? That is the question! (Apologies to Shakespeare for the appalling mis-quote!) 

I've been a busy soul, done garden watering, gardening, washing, a bit of cleaning and now feeling restless. Maybe I will risk a possible shower! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

moomy
Posted by

Just been for my happy walk, heard lots of birdsong including a cuckoo, and saw a great created grebe, tried to get a pic but he was fishing and had gone by the time I got anywhere near. Pic (if it loads) of oxeye daisies, one with a bee on it 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Better weather today, so glad we postponed our Sunday walk.  Went back to our venue from Friday, thinking it would not be too crowded on Bank Holiday, and it wasn't. Fish and chips at the pub, then revisited the beautiful rock garden. Then nade it to the river, where we saw several duck and goose families. Good feeding grounds with lots if trailing weeds. At the end if the walk we came upon an art gallery, unexpectedly. Finally cuppa and naughty cheesecake at the pub, Live everybody's photos xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

AnnJac
Posted by

Lovely pictures and walks everyone.  And dodging the showers!  Well done.

My mobility is stopping me getting out much - particularly on my own.  I am losing confidence.   So i have swallowed my pride and ordered a rollator to help me get about outside.  At least i will be able to sit when i need to and it will take the pressure off my arm.  I need to use a stick in my right arm which is the one where axillary  clearance and so I am concerned about the strain on it.  Start radiotherapy in a couple of weeks and so lymphoedema risk increases.  I do hope they can sort my foot drop out but won't be a quick process I'm sure - haven't even got a physio appointment yet! (MRI showed no brain mets - hooray!). Hubby out at least 4 days a week playing golf and then has household chores and gardening so apart from taking me to see my mum every 2 weeks he doesn't have time to take me out.  Changing my car for an automatic so driving is easier and safer (left leg gammy).  I am trying so hard to look after my mental health by being determined and getting out a bit.  

So hope it helps!  I will feel very self conscious.  But i will get out and about.  For goodness sake there is only so much homes under the hammer a woman can take . . . . .

Keep the pics coming and I hope to get out more soon (in between radiotherapy!)

Anne xx

Violetsniff
Posted by

Well,you are making bold steps to get out and about,..despite such unhappy setbacks...so comendable.People ordinarily who are able just don’t get how hard it can be to just get from a to b.You only understand that when you suddenly have such difficulties.

loving the fact you are enjoying your birds,...and what serendipity to find an Art Gallery!

...you have found some lovely flowers.Did you catch “Springwatch” tonight...they were talking a lot about birdsong.They reckoned the blackbird had the best all round song,and I tend to agree.Such a pretty sound.There was a very friendly blackbird who used to sit on a branch near the back door of the Hospital when I used to work nights and sing happily.They are such underrated birds and I think they are my favourite at the mo.They are so friendly and sing at dusk and at dawn.

....thankyou...yes Mr Goose was inside a bubble.There was a man by the River blowing bubbles out of an enormous triangular contraption on Sunday....somehow that one looked sort of gold at the edges...

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

seaspirit44
Posted by

Well done , your determination is admirable. I hope the rollator  helps you get out and do what you want to do. So glad yiu have no brain mets.And hope you get that physio appt soon!  Xxxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

There were lots of Wyateria in the gardens today, such a lovely perfume xxx

seaspirit44
Posted by

And I loved the goose in the bubble xx

moomy
Posted by

AnnJac, gold star, lovely lady! (Glad about the MRI  results!) That’s a great idea, the rollator, and as you say, gives you a seat when you need it. Go hug a tree for maximum comfort out there.....(so they say!) 

lovely photos, all. No walks for me today apart from to and from choir (extra rehearsal this lunchtime which was a very helpful one) and a supermarket shop.. .....

daughter continues to be a concern but since she’s a partner taking care, there’s nothing much we can do. The local ‘cottage’ hospital sound absolutely superb, and have really been there for her! 

Oh, and I so agree about Blackbird song, the alto of the bird world (robins and wrens are the sopranos!) we too had a pair who all but adopted us, the female got fed with extra when she was feeding her young and actually brought them to our garden while teaching them to fend for themselves! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

AnnJac
Posted by

Look who I saw staring me out on the drive when I came back from posting a letter (Walker has arrived and helps and being able to sit for a bit gives me more confidence).

He, or she, is so thin.  But normal for urban foxes I think.

Anne xx

Leolady56
Posted by

Stay positive lovely 

See the beauty in the small things of life 

Beach walk he said ... well it was his birthday so we dix

8km !!!!! Still in recovery 2 days later and my poor old heel was a big big ouch

Moving on tomorrow so await new pics of northern Spain

Positive and sustaining hugs to you all   

Leolady56 xxx

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x