Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

moomy
Posted by

Phew! Bet that’s a relief, knowing it’s not urgent,  Seaspirit?

Lovely photo

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Yes great relief . Hope your daughter is OK now xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

She’s getting there, Seaspirit, thank you, but coughs take an age to go for her.....

hugs xxx

Moomy

Flossie25
Posted by

Hi great to hear you are exercising those demons away as much as you possibly can. Love that you are learning to swim..I learned in my 30’s but it’s a while since I’ve swam. Pleased I did it though.

Hi to all... I’ve not walked much today but I did some hooping.... my aim is to be better tomorrow and loosen up my tight hip which has been bothering me this week. 

Hugs xx

“ The only constant thing in life is change “

HappyFeet1
Posted by

More lovely photos! Glad to hear that your skin lesions can be investigated after your hols, , good to know it's not regarded as 'urgent'. I went for my Nordic walking lesson and learned second gear! Next week I'm booked for a Tai Chi version, so I guess we might wave our poles around like does with swords??!! Then a short break before my second fast track lesson and I'm good to go! Hoping to manage a couple of classes each week after that, and have also been given the all clear to go swimming (not so keen but was another recommendation for breast lymphoedema). 

Couldn't take photos during the walk but had to go on to another town for travel vaccination advice and found a duck family to photograph....

off to bonny Scotland tomorrow for a few days so will hopefully have some photos to share along the way! Happy weekend to all. HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
WhatHappened
Posted by

Hello ladies, well, I have finally got myself out walking again, I went yesterday and again today..... after naughty missing at least two weeks!! Very bad!!

I have to laugh though, it seems I have been meant to do these two walks, both were at times I would not walk and I'd pushed my self to go...

Yesterday on the way back from my walk, going a different route, I walk into a young lad lying on the pavement, he had been knocked off his push bike on his way home from school.  Thankfully he was okay, very badly shaken up - the driver did not seem bothered, but, this could be shock.  Ambulance came and off I went.

Then tonight, I don't walk normally of an evening, but was feeling 'come on you have to get out, try and achieve something today'. So, off I went, met a nice old chap that wanted to talk, so I walked and talked with him, again going a different direction to the way I wanted, but I felt this man wanted to talk, got to his house said goodbye and off I carried..... only to find a 'greyhound' dog walking in the road and a car narrowly missing him! I see the dog go down the path of a house and thought he was home - I looking like a nutter attract the lady in the window of the house (how is now looking at me like 'what do you want' - she comes out, I ask if she has a dog, at this the dog appears the lady screams and shuts the door.... I guessed the answer was 'no, she didn't have a dog' - her scream set me on to a 'oww what if he bites me, oww what do I do' I know, I'll take a photo and put on Facebook, then I notice the dog has a blue collar on him and a tag, I need to look at this haha, then I recall me other half saying a long time back 'how placid greyhounds are' so I call the dog - he ignores me, so, I go up and manage to look at the collar, the owner has a tag on it saying 'if found please scan me, I am microchipped', I know realise this dog shouldn't be out. I turn the tag over and I know the owners name and where he lives, so me and my new mate walk off together (me gently holding the collar) to where the gentleman that I know lives. (sorry I'm waffling). I gets to his house and the garage door is open, hmm I think that's it, that dog must of just walked out. Then I notice there is a window missing in the garage and no one is answering the door..... my mind is now on overdrive, I am thinking, someone has broken in, seen the dog and ran off..... then I have owww the owner may of fallen and the dog has got out - owww heavens for betsy his wife comes to the door totally oblivious to all of this. She looks at me and then looks at her dog, I explain all and let the dog go inside - she then tells me her husband has dementia and is always leaving doors open (I haven't seen her husband for around 7 or 8 years maybe longer, so this was sad to hear).  I am just about to go and turn around and the dog is back in the garage just about to let himself out again aaagghh! Thankfully the wife shuts the garage door and I hope all is good. Off I go walking home!

I'm dreading to think what will happen tomorrow if I go out - maybe I should be staying home! 

Sending love to all xxxxx

moomy
Posted by

Goodness me, what an apt name you have, WhatHappened! 

But maybe you should change it to ‘ChiefRescuer’? That was quite a walking saga! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

puzzler
Posted by

Gosh ! What a saga , you have done 2 weeks worth of good turns !   x

Violetsniff
Posted by

So pleased your being seen is nothing urgent,...

and !!what a story!!I love reading your adventures.I think we should rename you SuperwomanXxx

what beautiful photos,all!!

I went to vote extremely early the other day,as I was awake,was the second one there!!but I thought I would take a walk down to the River it was such a lovely morning...and  it was soo peaceful and the Swans came gliding up in a battallion,on that beautiful morning,and some went to visit the bandstand.( probably needs a caption?).....

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

Violetsniff
Posted by

It won’t allow me to put my second photo up,so here it is on a new post...I think the caption for this could be...”I told you Mavis,I am steering the BOAT!”...

”The Roses are showing off(their beauty )”

yellowroses
Posted by

Catching up on posts,  in order to hear about your Palace Garden Party day, Ann Jac. Sounds as if it memorable. And how lucky you were with the weather.

Really nice to read about all other activities too.

I've been on the Exemestane for several weeks now and the transition from Letrozole has been easy - no problems!

Leolady56
Posted by

Today’s walk encompassed this scene

Wedding pics for someone

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

WhatHappened
Posted by

hahahah Superwoman if only , your photographs are lovely, what a wonder walk to have, and those swans - I love swans, the second photo looks like the swans have hired out the narrow boat, it looks like, as you say the one is steering whilst there is another sunbathing on the roof!! owww bless them.

Chief Rescuer - , I think they would run a mile if able to haha.

So today, I did not go out .... I know, I hang my head in shame and in shame it is, I have spent the day 'walking around achieving nothing' and i will confess as I right this I feel very mad and angry with myself, if I had at least gone out I would of felt I had achieved 'something' - maybe even rescued something hahaha

, I hope you are well, it is great to see .... okay 'read' you posting, you are a mind of information and fun, not to forget your gallops.  Cracking photograph - how lucky they were with the weather.  I must ask 'where is the beach'? are you on holiday or do you live near the seaside?

Oww  , I hope it equates to two weeks, I can't be going through this every time I go out the house haha -its funny though, with the dog rescue, I look back at this and I know that walk was for that reason. (it may sound silly, I had an incident like this some 30 years ago, we were going out for a 'Wimpy' burger, well I umm'd and arrr'd about going, then we wasn't going, then we was, then we wasn't - half hour later and an argument - off we went..... only to find a great big black Chow Chow lying in the middle of the expressway, he looked like a black bin bag in the distance.  We stopped and picked him up, he was fine (although at the time I thought he was ill, as he had a black/blye tongue!!! - little did I know back then, that Chows are called 'Chow Chow's' and they have blue tongues! - we got him into the motor and took him to the main police station - back then you could, then even had kennels for lost and stray dogs. (I never found out if his owners was found - I do know if we had not 'umm'd and arrr'd' that night it could be been a different ending.

Okay, I am waffling - hoping you all have a good day tomorrow, enjoy - sending love and hugs to you wonderful, kind and caring friends ... okay 'Fruit Loops' xxxx

Amalie
Posted by

Morning chums, what a lot of adventures you’ve been having - trip to Buckingham Palace (wow and I loved the menu!) dog rescue, wedding on the beach, swans...

Not much to report from here except I have a new toy see pic! I bought my nephew one for his recent birthday, I used to be able to do it and now I can do most of it, have to refer to the solution for one part only.  I am testing my short term memory by trying to re-learn the bits I have forgotten. My step son is visiting, he has joined in the fun and we now have a leader board on the fridge for our time trials. I’m winning so far!

Amalie xx

May the force be with you

Leolady56
Posted by

South of Torremdebarra doing what I used to do before BC interrupted my retirement . Bast@@@ disease

Whoops off to the naughty step

I took some time away from the site for a multitude of reasons ... not least to mentally and emotionally mend.  I count myself incredibly lucky that I am at an age where I can choose to do that 

So we are back in Spain

Walking and eating ... one is more than it should be

I'm lathered in factor 30

And chilled

that’s a vodka based sorbet. It was part of the menu del dia why would I refuse 

I’m back for as long as my mental and emotional health stay strong . So expect  more of my galloping fun and weird supportive comments

Leolady56 

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x