Breast cancer

Affected by breast cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Walking back to Happiness

ronstar
Posted by

Hi all

Well, I've missed you all lately, but first up -

- amazing! Looks like you had a lovely time at the Royal garden Party and you look absolutely wonderful in the pic! Well done for managing it all.

I haven't caught up with everything else yet but hope everyone is well - I will catch up on it all soon. 

I have been fighting some stupid demons - sometimes I long for the days when I was naive enough to think I would just jump back into my life and never give cancer another thought. Anyway - I am winning now so it's all good. A positive is that I have been throwing myself into exercise and dragon boat training to distract myself so my fitness has improved a lot. The cygnets were born - 7 of 8 hatched. There are 6 left so doing better than last year. We also have 4 goslings and some baby coots (I don't know what they are called!) 

I am walking a lot and I never go for a walk without thinking of this thread and I tell you all about it in my head and have taken lots of pictures for you all but somehow never posted them. I'm still not getting notifications for this thread though I do for others.

It's funny, isn't it - you can all be a support for me even though I don't post - just knowing you are all here helps a lot!

Right - now I am off for my swimming lesson. There was a child/poo incident a few weeks ago so I have to try not to care about that each time I go which takes a bit of effort in advance 

Hope everyone is having a good day!

R

AnnJac
Posted by

Nice to see you back .  Those demons are pesky things aren't they?  Always seem to be lurking in the shadows.  But glad you are finding ways to meep them in the shadows most of the time.  With the bonus of getting fitter and fitter.  And glad the young birds are doing well.

Anne xx

seaspirit44
Posted by

You look fab , so glad you are enjoying yourself xxx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

moomy
Posted by

Hi Ronstar, 

yes, worries really do lurk and sometimes surface with a vengeance, but our medics really would rather see us if we are worried than not, reassurances do help!

yes I often think of the thread which does prompt me to take photos when out, otherwise I probably wouldn’t bother!

hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Great to see you and . Sorry about the plantar fasciitis, could you get an injection? And the demons, never far away. Love to both of you, and all the lovely fruity loops xxx

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Goodness me you look gorgeous and it looks like it was a lovely day.

My only question is, how do i top that. Having tea and cake with me in a hospital cafe will definitely be different in comparison  maybe i'll wear a hat lol 

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

AnnJac
Posted by

Lol

i vote we have tea and cake outside hospital.   To be honest although it is a great hospital it doesn't have a great cafe - certainly not one I have found!  But lots nearby.  If we wear hats we will need to hold out our little finger while we drink tea - so lets go somewhere where we can have a mug!

Anne xx

HappyFeet1
Posted by

Hi all, omg this thread has exploded with posts today!!!! you look fabulous at the palace, what an amazing day. But, , a tea date with a fellow fruit loop is just as wonderful in its own way - different, but also very special! Good to see others popping back, you must love to see your thread thriving... and what a view. , I call the baby coots cootlings, I'm sure it's not a zoologically correct term,, but I like the sound of it! 

No lovely walking to speak of for me today, just round and about in school, but tomorrow I have my first Nordic walking lesson, after the taster last Saturday. Can't wait! HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
moomy
Posted by

HappyFeet, 

i found my poles (standard trekking ones but used a bit more like Nordic) helped enormously today, must have taken quite a bit of punishment off my legs in those 5 miles! Hope you enjoy it, I find I can go a bit faster too.

hugs xxx

Moomy

Violetsniff
Posted by

Lovely photosthankyou...and you do look lovely.

lovely tea as well..looks perfect.

..I agree totally with all your sentiments

Lovely to see you and so sorry you have plantar fasciitis...it is extremely painful.

well,I have tea in a lovely garden too,but it was a bit less glam!! But lovely to sit in the sun with a nice cuppa after a drawn- out U3A meeting,and read my book.Can’t show you the wonderful home- made scone and jam...sorry I ate it already!!

the swan piccie deserves a caption I think...

I thought it could be a conference of swans,only none of them are on speaking terms,and one fell asleep!! 

”A shine of rainbows”

moomy
Posted by

Looks like a lovely shady spot, Violetsniff!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Leolady56
Posted by

My next step - see what I did there - is steroid injections YUK. I’ve done every known physio exercise plus compression socks and insoles . Visits to the physio too

Grrr. The aquafit I do at home is ok as no real pressure on the heel 

So glad to read of all your continued adventures and walking plus a big trip to Buck Pal. Hopefully everyone’s health is in a good place

Sustaining hugs 

Leolady56

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

seaspirit44
Posted by

The steroid injection should do it . Painful at the time, but does work. Plantar fasciitis is so frustrating and limiting.

, love your recalcitrant swans! Xxx

moomy
Posted by

And the walks get going again, 3.5 miles, hubs wheeled as we chose a suitable route. 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

seaspirit44
Posted by

Well done

Good appt with dermatologist, a really nice man. It could be Bowen's , and he had a look at another funny looking thing on my forehead. He will biopsy both, but no urgency, so will do after my hols

Afrerwards went on a nice walk in a local park. Will try to load a pic.....